Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the signs of a bad radiator? The hose from the bottorm of the radiator the big one runs up to some other machine thing and every time i turn my car off it shots antifreez or whatever out of a hole in the side of that thing i have no idea what this is. If anyone could help it would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
You might just need a new hose. 'you may have nuthin wrong with the radiator.
Radiators suck, sometimes you can see a crack in it, sometimes its just antifreeze leaking out on the ground. You want to have this checked quickly, it can lead to a bad head gasket. A radiator from acura will cost you like 200. plus some to put in. Kinda high. find an independant mechanic. and either have him get the parts or get it on ebay or this site.
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it the radiator im putting it all in myself i just need them to tell me what is wrong with it. The radiator will only be like $120 but i think its the thermostat gasket. Im pretty sure thats what the bottom radiator hose runs into and the tem guage was going crazy so this might explain it. i dono

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Your temp guage is wak? what is it doin, my has been messin up, so i may have a bad thermostat or somethin.
When i turn it on, it goes to normal, then it starts heating up. Especially when i turn the heat or air on. It goes all the way to the red fairly quickly and then drops to normal in like a second.
Its kinda weird,
Thats probably your problem, keep bumpin this post until chrisk or leon or another pro helps you out
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
168 Posts
The thermostat housing is where the top hose goes into. If that was bad it wouldn't shoot out water everytime you shut it off. You would know if that was bad. Cause when your car heats up to about half way the thermostat would open allowing the cooled antifreeze in the radiator would go through the upper hose. You would know if this was bad cause when it started to heat up the upper hose would be stiff from the compression cause the thermostat wouldn't open. if the thermostat works then the upper hose would be easy to squeeze. I would just replace the lower hose and get the screw down clamps they work much better. if it still does it put it on a hydralic lift and pin point the spot.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have pinpointed it and it does not look like a hose is supposed to be where it is squirting from. Im taking it bby the mechanic later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts