Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator is leaking badly and I am going to have to change it. The Acura dealer wants $400.00 for a reconditioned aluminum rad with a plastic top. That is OEM. New, they want $800.00. My question is when a rad goes do you guys/gals replace it with aluminum or do you put in a copper/brass rad. By that I mean the core is copper/brass versus aluminum and the top is plastic. Factory is aluminum and I am wondering what the difference is and should I replace my existing rad with an after market copper/brass. They are much cheaper but me thinks there must be some reason that Acura put an aluminum rad into our Legends as stock. I am wondering what the advantages/disadvantages besides cost are for the two types. Any info/suggestions would be appreciated.

· Registered
630 Posts
radiators.com "Our preference is CSF" is the very late reply I got from them when I wanted to know what the mystery brand was.

Do a search for csf rads, see what you think. I got a Koyo oem replacement off ebay 140 and change, shipped.

· Registered
438 Posts
FallenAngel said:
radiators.com "Our preference is CSF" is the very late reply I got from them when I wanted to know what the mystery brand was.

Do a search for csf rads, see what you think. I got a Koyo oem replacement off ebay 140 and change, shipped.
$139.95 for a CSF all metal radiator from radiator express including shipping...

· Registered
4,439 Posts
If you have a low mileage car, and you want your radiator to last 100k plus miles, OEM is the way to go. Price should be $500 new from AOA or other dealer. $800 is highway robbery.

If you already have 160k miles or something, like me, then a good old OEM copy will do. I got a Visteon radiator for $160. Everything bolted up perfectly, and it looked to be

The advice I have heard time and time again is stay away from the copper radiators. All aluminium is okay, but I stuck with the exact same thing as stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.