Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Pull your radio out and get the numbers off of it. Call around to different dealers and find one that will give you the code for free. Sometime you can even get the code over the phone for free. Make sure you write it down once you get it. Before you do this check under your ashtray and in your owners manual for the code. These are the two most common places to find it.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
88 Posts
2 months before I installed my Alpine and tossed the bose stock, my battery died. My dad said I needed the card which contains the anti-theft code to reactivate the radio, which unfortunately he could not find :( . The fact that this code was distributed in such a way leads me to believe it was unique to each radio. If there is no secret universal dealer code, and you lost the card, you might be SOL. Pray im wrong, or upgrade that POS like I did :D .

Edit: I thought id mention just for fun, that my radio did not say "code" on the LCD... because the LCD died about 3 years prior to me removing it. Not so bad in the NY area, because theres like 1 good station anyway. Hehehe. Has anyone else had their stock radio LCD die?

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
jasonzemos said:
2 months before I installed my Alpine and tossed the bose stock, my battery died. My dad said I needed the card which contains the anti-theft code to reactivate the radio, which unfortunately he could not find :( . The fact that this code was distributed in such a way leads me to believe it was unique to each radio. If there is no secret universal dealer code, and you lost the card, you might be SOL. Pray im wrong, or upgrade that POS like I did :D .

Edit: I thought id mention just for fun, that my radio did not say "code" on the LCD... because the LCD died about 3 years prior to me removing it. Not so bad in the NY area, because theres like 1 good station anyway. Hehehe. Has anyone else had their stock radio LCD die?
you can always find the code since you could read the VIN # of the car and get the radio code for that specific vehicle, its just a matter of finding it for FREE lol. I think some "stealerships" charge you to look up the radio code, and some other places will look it up for you for free

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
jasonzemos said:

My stock radio LCD "died" as well. I tried to repair it by taking it apart and re-soldering the circuit boards, but that only worked for a little bit. I ended up just replacing the headunit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What the Acura dealer needs is the serial number off the back of the
radio. They punch the serial number of the radio in their computer and it
spits out the code! You usually need to prove that you're the owner and didn't just steal the radio!! The vin # has nothing to do with the radio code.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
899sei said:
What the Acura dealer needs is the serial number off the back of the
radio. They punch the serial number of the radio in their computer and it
spits out the code! You usually need to prove that you're the owner and didn't just steal the radio!! The vin # has nothing to do with the radio code.
The Acura dealer only needs the radio serial number if the radio headunit is not original to the vehicle. If it is original, the Acura dealer using the VIN will procure the code. It is usually the first question they will ask. I do not believe that the dealers have the codes in their system; they have to contact an outside source. I own two systems that are not original to the vehicle. Both times I called my local dealer and did it all over the telephone. In my case as the units were not original to my vehicle, they needed the serial numbers from the headunit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An answer!

For all those people with this problem i have found the code on a sticker underneath the ashtray. I don't know if it was just dumb luck or it was supposed to be there. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Puffy said:
For all those people with this problem i have found the code on a sticker underneath the ashtray. I don't know if it was just dumb luck or it was supposed to be there. THANKS FOR THE HELP!
You should have read my response to you.
sleeprlegendcp said:
Before you do this check under your ashtray and in your owners manual for the code. These are the two most common places to find it.
Later!
Lee
Later!
Lee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.