Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.... like an idiot, I accidently tossed out my Anti-Theft code card for my radio a while back...

And of course, my battery died and now I'm S.O.L.

I called my local dealership (Carlsbad Acura) and they want to charge me $39.00 to pull out the radio and get the S/N. So, I did it myself but can't figure out which number is the S/N.

Here's what I found:

Pale Green Sticker with Bose TM.

'BSP ASSY, FL-L, 2DR
39137-SP1-A00-M1
143743/148986
S/N 004852'

White Sticker:

'USATR040188'

I pulled both of these stickers off of the front portion underneath the radio. I haven't checked behind the radio yet but I assume one of these numbers represents the S/N. I thought it might be the 004852 number but after looking at all the past posts, it looks too short.

If any of you guys could help, I'd appreciate it. Even better, if one of you guys has an 'In' with an Acura Dealer (They still want me to come in to "verify" my ownership for $25.00 ), I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
meber
978 Posts
My serial number is a 9 digit number. I also just sirfed the web for Acura dealerships and started calling them until I found one that did it for freee over the phone.

I hope that helps.

·
387 Posts
That was it. That is the one that the dealer is looking in order to get the code.

Anthony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
???

So are you guys telling me that none of the numbers from the stickers that I posted are the Serial Numbers? Does it mean I have to yank the whole radio out and look at the back of the radio (I'm guessing if it's none of the numbers from the stickers underneath the radio, then it's somewhere on the back of the radio).

Oh man, I just put back the dash trim parts too thinking I might have the right numbers....

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: ???

Flipper said:
So are you guys telling me that none of the numbers from the stickers that I posted are the Serial Numbers? Does it mean I have to yank the whole radio out and look at the back of the radio (I'm guessing if it's none of the numbers from the stickers underneath the radio, then it's somewhere on the back of the radio).

Oh man, I just put back the dash trim parts too thinking I might have the right numbers....
Dude, If i was you i'll take the radio back out and record "all" of the numbers off of the unit. That way you'll know for sure. (side note: someone told me that the number might also be recorded on the underside of your ash-tray. Mine isn't there but can anyone else conform this?)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
The radio code should not be anywhere inside or physically on the car, at least not from the factory. I know dealers and owners that put the code in the car like under the hood or in the ashtray so people won't lose the code. That's just stupid, cuz it defeats the whole anti-theft purpose of the code.

So if you do find the code on your car, I suggest you remove it immediately.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
The radio code should not be anywhere inside or physically on the car, at least not from the factory. I know dealers and owners that put the code in the car like under the hood or in the ashtray so people won't lose the code. That's just stupid, cuz it defeats the whole anti-theft purpose of the code.

So if you do find the code on your car, I suggest you remove it immediately.
You got a point man. But think about the situation. I thief steals your factory radio (dumb if you ask me). Your code and serial is elsewhere and NOT ON THE RADIO. The serial is on there, so all a thief has to do is call or go to the dealer with the serial and "WHOLA!!" He got a Bose or non-Bose deck with the code. versus having a radio (with the serial decal removed and put elsewhere (in a dome light housing perhaps) and no numbers to go by.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So there's no way to crack this stupid code, eh? I lost my radio after I burned the fuse box which caused my radio thought someone tried to steal it, and now it demands code. Dammit. :(

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The radio code is a 5 digit number. The S/N begins with a "B" followed by 8 digits. If the tuner is original to the vehicle, Acura can retrieve the code using the VIN. In the past, I just telephoned my local dealer. The dealer calls a central number. It is my understanding that only an Acura dealer has the central number to call. Depending upon the dealer, you could retrieve your code by just placing two phone calls.

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
hey
I got my code, when i gave them my SN number i forgot how many numbers it was. i called honda they said 80 bucks, than i called an ACURA dealer and gave them my SN number, in 3 mins they gave me the code, BTW after getting my code from the dealer, the owner before me wrote the code under the driver visor lol
-hass

·
#108 of 144 pairs
133 Posts
this topic came up a long time ago on the old UBB forums.legend.org

Another place to look not mentioned was on one of the hinges on the trunk. low and behold, thats where i found mine written on a label.

now if you wanna steal my bose radio:
COME GET SOME!!!

J/K:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
i had this problem a few months ago...

all i did was copy down all the serial numbers from the stickers on the base unit, then i put up a thread asking if anybody knew what the code was based on the serial number. some people on this forum have a sheet of paper that matches up radio codes with the serial codes. i got a PM 2 days later from the member ghost telling me my radio code...you should PM him he has all the radio codes. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
rquest77 said:
....... some people on this forum have a sheet of paper that matches up radio codes with the serial codes. i got a PM 2 days later from the member ghost telling me my radio code...
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ***???!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.