Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy-

This morning, my radio was rest and I was worried that the battery had died, but it hadn't, the radio was just inexplicably reset. I set a couple of stations but by this afternoon it had been reset again. Its like the battery is dying, but I haven't had any problems with the car starting or running. Is my radio just dying slowly or what?

Additional evidence-I was unhooking my antenna yesterday and the clock fuse was blown this morning

-Paul

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
i had this problem in my other car, what was happening was there was corrosion (invisible to the naked eye) on the negative terminal. pulled both cables off and gave the terminals a good scrubbing with a terminal cleaner and the anti-corrosion spray, and havent had a problem since.

it could also be the fuse on the back of the radio, which would require you to pull the radio out and check that fuse.

·
Registered
267 Posts
On decks, there is a 12v switched and a 12v constant. If that 12v constant isnt there, nothing is stored in the memory for more than a few seconds after shutting off the car.

Take the deck out and check the voltage across the yellow and black wires. (I think its yellow, might be red). Should be 12v give or take. check that fuse on the back of the radio but i think you're right that it wouldnt work at all if that fuse was open.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
sry to thrad jack but i put in a new deck nd some times it dosent turn on some times and all the wires are good and everthing.
Did you ground it right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.