Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I need help. when I bought my car there was no radio installed. Now that I have installed one it doesn't work properly. The wires to the radio plug were cut almost inside the plug, which I think is causing me to lose power. My bass in my woofers go in and out when I hit a bump, or just randomly sometimes. Also my stero dies out sometimes and gets really low.
I went to the Acura dealer and they said that they cannot order the plug for me. Can anyone help me????

1990 L Sedan

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
if the wire is cut too close the the factory connector and there is no way to make a good connection, ou could cut the wire on the aftermarket connector, close to that connector, and just splice the wires together. this would bypass both connectors and the radio would just be hardwired in. It's still going to be a pain, but you should be able to make better electrical connections that way.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks a lot man I'm going to try that. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but oh well. We Legend Drivers do the extra stuff for our cars right???
So I will try that this weekend and post the results.

By the way I see we have the same Legend. Your car looks very nice man. I don't have any pics of mine on yet I was in an accident Thanksgiving(some A$$hole ran into the back of my carwhile i was waiting to make a turn) but after I put it in the shop I will post pics. I hope it comes out looking as good as yours does in that pic.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts