Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a cute issue, I didn't drive my RL for a few days, and the radio lost all my preprogrammed button settings.

the car started right up the first time , i thought it was a weak battery or something.

so i figured it was a fluke; then i didn't drive the car again for 4 days, and again the car lost all my radio presets.

Its like there is a seperate battery or capasitor charge for the memory settings for the radio, and when it discharges after a couple of days all your settings are lost.

My clock held the right time and the car battery wasn't dead.

anyone else found this annoying problem out?
:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you sure you are not on FM2 (or if XM...XM2)? I thought it had done the same to me and it turns out I pushed the XM button twice by accident and had never put presets on XM2. One more push of the button...back to my presents on XM1.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup i made sure,

It lost all my settings for AM, FM, FM2 and XM radio.

the XM radio reset to the preview channel, and i went to press preset ch 3 and the station didn't change, i switched to FM radio and knew right away it lost all my radio stations.
this happened 2 times already, when i didn't drive the car for a few days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One other quick thing to check -- did you use the same key fob you used when you set the other presets? Driver 1 and driver 2 get completely different sets of presets. I thought mine had lost all its information, even where "home" is, until I realized that my wife had gotten to the car first and touched the door.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not to take this thread off course, but how many of you would trade some AM, or FM resets for some more XM presets?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think it bothers me, it's just too easy to set the station that I would like via the voice control.

Pete

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
pops said:
Not to take this thread off course, but how many of you would trade some AM, or FM resets for some more XM presets?
Sorry for going further off topic, but I personally wouldn't trade. I listen to local sports on AM and we don't have reception for any of the XM or Serious SAT radio anyway at this time :)

Back on topic, there is definately a problem with the radio holding memory. Is all the fuses okay. I would take it back to the dealer. The more they are aware of these types of little problems the better change IMHO they will get most of the bugs worked out for the 2006 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts