Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I have a ghost of a problem... It's happened three times to me. With my engine warm... sometimes it starts up... the tach goes up to about 2000 or 2500 and then drops down to zero instead of staying at about 750. Afterwards the engine won't start forabout 4-8 cranks... usually an elapsed time of 1 min between stall and finally starting. Also(i don't know if it matters) the engine runs rougher between 1000-1250 on the tach...
I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, roter, cap, and used about 3 cans of fuel injector cleaner. Anybody have any clue... I'm thinking it could be the EGR valve, fuel filter, or maybe throttle body. Oh, and i am using the non-recomended 10-35 instead of 10-30 regular oil. Anybody have any clue? Thanks I appriciate it.
PS. raced an eclipse last night- smoked him... Legendz rule

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
custom clear bumper lenses
custom mesh grill
Kenwood 10 disc CD
165,000 miles

·
Registered
270 Posts
Did you replace the O-ring in the dist. cap ?? I found that made a BIG difference in mine !! Since I replaced the O-ring, it hasn't happened to me again !!

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have had the same problem, it was stalling for a month, then its fine now, i have no idea what the problem was, and after its been starting fine for about 5 month's now.

·
Registered
867 Posts
mine did the same thing after i bought it...it kept stalling when driving and when idle. Try pressing the gas before it starts to stall. Sounds something fuel related. Fuel pump, filter, etc
my problem when away when i started driving it daily and it went away. Also check for any tears in the wires. I had that problem once and the sparks generated caused the car to stall.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts