Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 1990legend with a stock deck. I pulled out the 2 rear speakers, and put a 10" Kicker sub in the trunk, I powered it by the rear speaker wires. SOUNDS FINE. But when i turn it up alittle and stand at the back of the car, i notice a sound from something under the chassis rattle. (near the muffler) i tired to hold the muffler but i still hear the rattle, so i know its not the muffler.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have never heard of anyone setting their stereo up that way but if it works well thats kick ass!:D i would check the license plate. I thought I had a rattle coming from under the car and it turned out to be the plate. i just stuffec a sock behind it until it was tightly on there with no room to rattle, and that killed the noise. Or Just try holding various things under the back end of the car. Thats what I would do. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
hey i have sort of the same set up i have a alpine cva 1003 and ma audio inside speakers with 2 kenwood 12s in the back they are connected to my rear speakers also. best buy installed my subs and never ran it to the headunit instead they wired it to my back speakers. its fine but i cant control just the sub levels. i have to take it back to them to let them re do it though. anyways i seem to have the same rattlin also i know for sure its not my license plate. i think its my spare tire and the jack and al that stuff in my spare tire well. its probably just loose or something i dont know i haven't checked it out yet.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yeah, check the spare tire well, I forgot all about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts