Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAAaahHHh..curse this complicated BOSE system...my back left speaker is begining to rattle. I have a BOSE system in a LS; thus, my speaker is 2ohms. What do you guys suggest me to do? If I were to get a new 2ohm speaker..where would I get it and how much?

G

·
Never fear, SpeedDemon is here. I might not have the 100% correct answer, but I can try because I had this problem and actually fixed it with a little glue. Mine really only rattled with bass though, are your vocals messed up to?

Take off the rear deck and inspect your speaker. See if the middle part of the cone is popping up. If so take some clear RTV Silicone and get it in their really neat and then stick like a tennis ball/baseball in the cone of the speaker to hold it down and let it dry for like 24 hours.

Here's some pictures of what I'm talking about:

I never took any after pictures, but now my speaker sounds fine and like new again. It's been like this for about a year now with no problems. I have the 4 ohm system though so if I really have a terrible problem I'm able to just swap 6x9's :p.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SpeedDemon, That is exactly the same problem I have! I'll be sure to try that. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts