Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This only happens once in a while but when I hit the gas, sometimes you can hear this light rattling noise comming from the front when accelerating. I also heard it on another legend. Everyone is saying it is nothing but bull! I'm noid . when i get noid i push pause on the deck till i get all the way home

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
In the front I hear a slight chirping sometimes (specifically when Idle), the funny thing is when I pop the hood, it goes away... don't know where it's coming from :mad:

·
Registered
699 Posts
5speed, i know what youre talking about mine had he same problem...mechanic told me to clean the fuel injectors, and put uprage from 89 to 93 on gas. after doing this problem went away.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the same problem, I forget what it was exactly, but was told by my acura dealer that something had corroded. Bottom line: It was gonna be $500 to fix that little rattle, so I'm putting it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey try looking at your cat. I hear that they start to rattle after awhile. It doesen't mean your cat is bad but something inside came loose or unwelded. It probably happens when the rpm's start to rise.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Avarice said:
YOu say its in the front? Then i guess its not the heat shield then.
It sounds like it is in the front to me but people are saying it is the heat shield. I'm not sure, I heard fixing that isn't to hard what is the price range. (reasonable prices)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Acurate420 said:
5speed, i know what youre talking about mine had he same problem...mechanic told me to clean the fuel injectors, and put uprage from 89 to 93 on gas. after doing this problem went away.
All I put is 93 sometimes 94 but still i get the noise. It makes a beautiful car sound raggedy. How much they charging for getting the fuel injectors clean

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jason520 said:
I have the same problem, I forget what it was exactly, but was told by my acura dealer that something had corroded. Bottom line: It was gonna be $500 to fix that little rattle, so I'm putting it off.
$500 dollars:( bump that i'd rather get a 10 inch bazooka bass tube and let the bass drown the noise out:cool:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SB_94LEGEND said:
Hey try looking at your cat. I hear that they start to rattle after awhile. It doesen't mean your cat is bad but something inside came loose or unwelded. It probably happens when the rpm's start to rise.
aight will check that.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
naa listen,
i had the same problem, mine was rattling from the FRONT also.
my mechanic checked the cat and the heat shield was on it solid it was not loose. the heat shield over the exhaust manifold however was loose. this is up in the FRONT, under the engine.
my mechanic raised my car up on the lift, went under the engine and showed me the loose and rattling heat shield over the exhaust manifold. he then broke off the bottom portion of it, from under the car. he said you dont wanna take off the upper portion of this heat shield however, because it protects ur engine bay from possible fire. i told why dont u go ahead and take off the shield from the car also, he said i wudnt do it, unless it was necessary b/c ur cat gets glowing red-hot and if u ever get anything under ur car, plastic bag or nething like dat, it wud ignite. my problem was completely solved after this
hope it helps

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
naa listen,
i had the same problem, mine was rattling from the FRONT also.
my mechanic checked the cat and the heat shield was on it solid it was not loose. the heat shield over the exhaust manifold however was loose. this is up in the FRONT, under the engine.
my mechanic raised my car up on the lift, went under the engine and showed me the loose and rattling heat shield over the exhaust manifold. he then broke off the bottom portion of it, from under the car. he said you dont wanna take off the upper portion of this heat shield however, because it protects ur engine bay from possible fire. i told why dont u go ahead and take off the shield from the car also, he said i wudnt do it, unless it was necessary b/c ur cat gets glowing red-hot and if u ever get anything under ur car, plastic bag or nething like dat, it wud ignite. my problem was completely solved after this
hope it helps
Good lookin son

1 - 12 of 12 Posts