Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this rattle sound I keep hering from under the hood?!?! At first I thought it was something loose that needed to be tightened but nothing appeared loose!!! I think it is associated with the alternator because at first when I drive in the morning I don't hear it but the longer I drive I hear it. I think it has to do with the alt because at night when I turn my Lights on it gets louder. It also get louder when I turn on electrical things in the car.PPS I have a system with 2 12" woofers. Any ideas what this rattling is??! Help I'm scared!!!1:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
don't worry, i think i know your problem......it happened to me. the problem is your metal sheild that is rapped around the muffler pipes . i believe its loose....what i did was taking my car to a mechanic and lift the car up . we found out that the shield was loose so we screw it back tight. now, my car doesnt rattle anymore..........i hope that helps , when it happened to me i freaked out because i checked and checked ..

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks !!

I will take a look at it I hope that's what it is if I don't get any other ideas I'll have my mechanic look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts