1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sales Guido
1,086 Posts
Could be your exhaust touching a frame rail and causing a vibration

·
Registered
291 Posts
Heat shields, for sure. It's the tinny metal around the exhaust towards the back of the car. Very annoying.

Mike

·
Banned
25 Posts
Take off your heat shields, they just add weight. lol Anyways, just check them ou, they might be touching your exhuast. While your down there get a straight pip and some clamps and take off your OE cat/resonator if you havent already replaced with a hi-hlow or something.

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Minnesota51 said:
Heat shields, for sure. It's the tinny metal around the exhaust towards the back of the car. Very annoying.

Mike
Yeah, it's metal near your exhaust. After my Greddy was installed I had a bad rattle. Took it back and went under the car with the mechanic and he bent the heat shield and everything was fine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Broken Angel said:
Take off your heat shields, they just add weight. lol Anyways, just check them ou, they might be touching your exhuast. While your down there get a straight pip and some clamps and take off your OE cat/resonator if you havent already replaced with a hi-hlow or something.
I don't know where you live, but if you live in Minnesota and your car is more than 3 years old you just can't unbolt things underneath the car. It's all rusted together. You'll need a torch to get things apart. :)

Now the heat shields are thin enough you could just rip them off. You could also put new hose clamps around them supertight.

Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey, i had a problem similar to this, i just tightened the bolts connecting my downpipes to my exhaust piping, if you jack the car up and look where the exhaust comes off the engine, it connects to 1 pipe, and there's two screws that have springs on them, just tighten em up

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
To correctly diagnose this you have to see what is rattling. Simply take a skateboard or mechanics creeper and get you head underneath the back of the car. Tie you skateboard/creeper to the back bumper then have one of your friends start the car up and gun it up to bout 30-35mph ...see the rattle? Ok if not you just need more juice..Have your friend get on the highway while your still underneath the car attached to skateboard creeper and have him gun it too about 90-100mph on the highway. You might find it a little difficult to keep the skateboard steady (or stay on it) but youll deff find that rattle. Peace :p

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
KINGFABIAN said:
To correctly diagnose this you have to see what is rattling. Simply take a skateboard or mechanics creeper and get you head underneath the back of the car. Tie you skateboard/creeper to the back bumper then have one of your friends start the car up and gun it up to bout 30-35mph ...see the rattle? Ok if not you just need more juice..Have your friend get on the highway while your still underneath the car attached to skateboard creeper and have him gun it too about 90-100mph on the highway. You might find it a little difficult to keep the skateboard steady (or stay on it) but youll deff find that rattle. Peace :p
and remember to wear a helmet and at least ONE knee pad ;)

·
Faster than yo Legend son
1,041 Posts
KINGFABIAN said:
cracking up laughing.... :giggle:

look a real TV and we just might see some fool trying this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.