Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to change my axles. I just want to know what kind of price I'm looking at before I call them up on Monday. I couple years ago I remember they were around $300. Also, does anyone know if they ship to Canada? if not, any other source for good ones? I already tried 3 sets from NAPA and they all don't fit.

Thanks.

·
Completly rebuilding...
254 Posts
recent raxel order

I ordered a pair of axels from them last month. They were close to $305 but with shipping from Florida to the West Coast added about another $50.00

llloydxmas

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
curious....plz don't flame me lol.....how do u know ur axles are bad?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
curious....plz don't flame me lol.....how do u know ur axles are bad?
Usually there's a clicking noise when driving at slow speeds. Me, whenever I shift from park to reverse or drive, there's a clunk sound, meaning there's play in the CV joint. Even when down shifting (auto), there's a clunk just before I stop. I changed the boots on them before plus I park on a slope. Changed the ball joints plus the tie rods and the noise is obviously coming from the axles. Hope that helps.

I really want to hear someone from Canada who ordered from them before...

·
Registered
571 Posts
I got mine rebuilt here for 250 with a lifetime warranty from Cannon's racks and axles. He just changed out the transmission in my dad's RL and im going up there tomorrow to pick it up, I can see if he'll ship some up to you if you want or you can call him up. His number is 1-256-650-0150, and ask for Stan. He does all the axles for all the shops around here including for the local honda/Acura dealership and charges half the price if you go straight through him.

·
Completly rebuilding...
254 Posts
Let me know If he can do some for me...I've been on the waiting list at raxles.com since February! I don't know how the guy above got his, unless the axles on the 94 are different than the 93?
I don't know what the waiting list is about. I called them up and had them at my door in about a week. I forget his name at the moment but did you talk to the guy specified in the other Raxel postings?

llloydxmas

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
300 bucks!!!! holy sheets go to kragen, 60 bucks lifetime warranty u cant go wrong with that, I use them everyday no problem o and did I mention lifetime warranty FTW

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Usually there's a clicking noise when driving at slow speeds. Me, whenever I shift from park to reverse or drive, there's a clunk sound, meaning there's play in the CV joint. Even when down shifting (auto), there's a clunk just before I stop. I changed the boots on them before plus I park on a slope. Changed the ball joints plus the tie rods and the noise is obviously coming from the axles. Hope that helps.

I really want to hear someone from Canada who ordered from them before...
awesome....I don't have any clunking, just vibration that comes and goes....I know I've been told it could be my axles and/or tie rods..just trying to limit my expenditures seeing that gas has just risen ABOVE $4/gallon here in NYC :rolleyes:

300 bucks!!!! holy sheets go to kragen, 60 bucks lifetime warranty u cant go wrong with that, I use them everyday no problem o and did I mention lifetime warranty FTW
wow..that bites...you west coasters sure are lucky. yeah you are limited to 91 octane, but you got all these cool stores that sell parts cheap, nonetheless beautiful weather all year long....there's no Kragen here in NY :(

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
wow..that bites...you west coasters sure are lucky. yeah you are limited to 91 octane, but you got all these cool stores that sell parts cheap, nonetheless beautiful weather all year long....there's no Kragen here in NY :(
Really?? what about Schucks, Checkers, autozone, pep boys, and napa??
They should sell around the same price

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Really?? what about Schucks, Checkers, autozone, pep boys, and napa??
They should sell around the same price
we've got autozone, pep boys, and advanced auto parts (I think there is a napa somewhere??) but they ain't cheap!

·
Completly rebuilding...
254 Posts
If you research this issue far enough on the forum you'll find several cases where the axels from these places have failed, often in a very short period of time, if they fit at all.

I'd much rather do this install once and have a high-quality part that I don't need to worry about for years to come.

we've got autozone, pep boys, and advanced auto parts (I think there is a napa somewhere??) but they ain't cheap!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If you research this issue far enough on the forum you'll find several cases where the axels from these places have failed, often in a very short period of time, if they fit at all.

I'd much rather do this install once and have a high-quality part that I don't need to worry about for years to come.
Actually I don't know about that, I actually work at one of places listed above and we sell Cardone axles with lifetime warranty. I have never ever received a complaint or return for these axles. I currently have a set on my Legend and I put them through hell pretty much everyday and on the weekends even worse. They are definitely worth the money and like I said have lifetime warranty, you cant beat lifetime warranty.

·
One Meeelion HP
2,956 Posts
Autozone axles usually hold up pretty well also. Be wary of axles with "Interparts" stamped into them sold at advanced auto parts, pep boys and probably other outlets. They are poor quality.

-Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
I called Raxles every day for like 3 weeks and they never could send me any axles. Always on a waiting list...

So I went to Checkers and got Cardone axles and could not have been happier. Save the cash!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.