Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

After having a four wheel alignment done on my 88 Sterling 825SL (Yes, I know this is a Legend site but the Engine and much of the suspension and drive train are the same!) I was again told that the rear camber was 1.5 deg negative and 1.6 deg negative and could not be adjusted. Only the rear toe can be adjusted.

After looking at the Legend Shop manual there is a "camber check" for the rear but no mention of how to adjust it if it is out.

Any suggestions would be helpful as with the negative camber I get wear on the inside edge of the rear tires.

Thanks,
Steve
Chattanooga, TN
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ssk1 said:
Greetings,

After having a four wheel alignment done on my 88 Sterling 825SL (Yes, I know this is a Legend site but the Engine and much of the suspension and drive train are the same!) I was again told that the rear camber was 1.5 deg negative and 1.6 deg negative and could not be adjusted. Only the rear toe can be adjusted.

After looking at the Legend Shop manual there is a "camber check" for the rear but no mention of how to adjust it if it is out.

Any suggestions would be helpful as with the negative camber I get wear on the inside edge of the rear tires.

Thanks,
Steve
Chattanooga, TN
[email protected]
Rear camber cannot be adjusted. if the camber is out, something is worn out; most likely the upper arm (either the bushing or the ball joint).

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
If the layout is the same as legends, the upper arm can be shimmed with gm alignment shims (saves pulling the bolts all the way out). 2 thin shims should give 1deg. or so. Just reset toe afterwards.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Can GM shims be used to adjust the front camber?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GM Shims

Hi,

Can you tell me what the part # is for these GM shims? Are they avaliable from any GM Dealer?

How are these installed and on what location on the rear suspension. The Sterling Rear suspension is the same as the Early Legend Sedan.

Thanks,
Steve
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts