Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone hapen to know how to remove the rear deck. I'm not just talking about removing the grills of the speakers...i want to add some dynamat. Rattles too much. (Sedan)

·
Registered
248 Posts
okay, here is hwat you do, you have to first remove the back seat, whcih involves popping tow pins at the left and right side of the bottom seat cushion, well, they are at the front edge but are pretty far left and right, this allows you to slide the bottom cushion out, then you can unbolt a few bolts and take the tiop cushion up and out. then you have to unsnape the two trimp pieces where the rear seat belt goes into, next is the speaker grilles, athen you are can slide it up and out...

go get a haynes manua, there is step by step in there...

good luck.

b

·
Registered
191 Posts
TIP: don't forget to take out the two bolts at the top of the seat back. They're hidden behind the pieces of leather which are behind the headrests. Just spread the leather take those bolts out. Once you've got those out, you have to lift the seat back completely up to get it of the hooks. Then just remove it. Good luck.

-GR

·
Registered
307 Posts
Along the same lines, how do I remove the rear speakers? I have the Helms service manual and it says to just "pry off the speaker grill". Ummmmmm, do I just pry off the grill part or the entire piece that is connected to the shelf. How careful do I have to be in order to do this?

I need to know how to do this so that I can get to my rear struts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sushi, just pry off the top part of the grill (only the mesh part). Use a flat screwdriver or knife. You can't pry off the entire speaker grill (molding around). Rear strut...wonder what you gonna do with that...interesting

·
Registered
307 Posts
Reno...

The bolts for the rear strut are mounted under the rear speaker. The Helms manual says to remove the rear speaker, then remove the damper cover, and voila, 3 bolts to remove for the top part of the strut.

I've got Koni's and Eibachs going on :D. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i know....i stopped a project that i did last year. I was trying to fit a custom strut bar ...but gave up because the the rear seat brace act's like one. Hope fully i'll get some springs soon too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts