Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any rear lower strut bars that will fit the legend. Anyone ever tryed a 97-01 ludes i mean the front strut bars work.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I think you mean sway bar. A strut bar is a connection between the two strut towers and would be located in your trunk just below the rear deck.

As far as I know no one makes any sway bars (aside from OEM) for the Legend. Sway bars have to be completely custom made as they are completely different for every car.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Maybe you mean a lower tie bar?

One of the CL guys put a Spoon Civic one on his car, required modification, but it's on his CL now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
CODY690 said:
that is a lower sway bar.

lower sway bars, which the legend has stock, connects the sub-frame and acts as a twist-beam member to reduce flex and body roll.

a lower tie rod connects the two lower shock mounts together. act as a load distributor and helps keep the suspension flat in corners.

upper strut bars usually mount to both the shock tower and the shock mounting bolts, which ties together the sub-frame and suspension. they act as both twist-beams for the sub-frame and as a load-distributor to trasmit cornering load from the lean side to the roll side and help keep the car flat in cornering.

to maximize suspension capability you would want lower tie rod, lower sway bar, and upper strut bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts