Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this a while back about someone wanting to upgrade their 96-98 17mm sway bar to the 02-04 21mm sway bar. Im not sure if they ever did it, but has anyone here done it or know someone that has?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Someone did do it, and reported good results. Haven't heard a real before and after review however? I'm really curious how different it is just doing the sway bar upgrade and nothing else to the suspension.

The following link is the thread...but the guy compares the new sway bar to handling with NO sway bar...not very conclusive. Ultimately, I'm sure going from a 17mm to a 21mm bar will be a noticeable difference in handling. Many aftermarket upgrades for other sedans/coupes are no more than a few millimeters larger also.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f59/upgrade-rear-sway-bar-98788/

·
ビップスタイ&#
618 Posts
I'm planning on doing this with my 2001 as well. I really do like the improvements made. My 04RL feels much more responsive than my 2001.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Any follow-up from anyone doing a sway bar swap? Rear 17mm('96-'01) to the 21mm('02-'04). Front 30mm-hollow to 30mm-solid.

I just ordered the rear bar, but I'm curious what the result of the additional front bar sway might be. The solid front bar would be significantly stiffer than the hollow bar, so overall body roll would be reduced, but I'm worried I would negate all the gains I would get in terms of oversteer reduction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.