Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so frustrated!!!!! My rear right side tire is scraping against the top of the wheel well. I took it to get it checked out. The guys there said it was the Coil springs so I got them replaced. I picked it up and It still scrapes!!!!! Before the service any bump I hit It would scrape now it only scrapes a little. Like when I step on it it scrapes on take off and when I hit a bump flying. When I bring it back tomorrow what should I have them check? I don't think its the size of my tires because it only does it on one side (235/45/17). Help I need some suggestions!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know the actual specs of the rims that are i got (they came with the car). I like the chrome joints that came with it but if I have to replace them I will BUT I don't think its the rims because it's only doing it on one side (rear left side)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Have you looked up inside to see if there is obvious wear? Reach your arm in there and feel around... Is it obviously hitting the under fender liner? If so you might need to re-attach or replace this...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The problem is a combination of your wheel offset and tire size. Your choice is to have the offset increased via machining, buy new alloys with an offset more than +42, or find a tire brand whose tire has a smaller cross-section. Some tire designs even though similar in size, have smaller cross sections. I had a similar problem with a 225/50/16. I just went down to 215/55/16. Some members have "rolled" the quarter panel wheelhouse lips. Some have found that just removing the wheel opening moulding was of benefit.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
jewelerz said:
Well I just picked up my car from goodyear. They said they bent the strut so that it wouldnt rub. It doesn't rub anymore. But does that sound right bending the strut?
Err.... no. :confused: I don't think that they should be bending any of your suspension components. :eek:

·
Registered
614 Posts
i had the same problem so they just banged out my rear fender with a rubber hammer. So now my rear fenders looks larger. Problem solved.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Well, bending the actual strut is not a good idea. Also, if the actual strut was rubbing, than it was rubbing your tires as it would be imposible for it to rub agaist the car unless there was damage already. If it is rubbing the tires, you have too wide a tire or too high an offset. I doubt you actually have too high an offset unless you really do have a +65 or higher on a 7" + rim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.