Acura Legend Forum banner

Rear Tranny Mount and Helms

814 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Ackvigend 
#1 ·
would someone with a helms be willing to scan and post the section in the Helms book for changing the rear transmission mount?? this would be a good thing to have in the DIY section sense its such a common problem and i really want to change mine but dont want to pay someone to do it.

#5 ·
#9 ·
Roger: The HELM in this instance will not provide any more than an illustration and torque specs for the bolts.

You will need to disconnect the exhaust at the CAT so you should at a minimum order two new self-locking nuts. When I did mine, I also replaced the two bolts and the two springs as well as the sealing gasket. When you disconnect the exhaust have your exhaust tips covered (I used an old towel) so it will not scratch the underside of the rear bumper. The rest you can determine after you remove the heat shield. You will have to remove the entire mount (two pieces) as a horizontal bolt cannot be removed with the mount remaining in place. If you have a vise it will be of benefit. To install, you need to install the new rubber mount to the bracket with the horizontal bolt installed, but loose. Then remount the entire mount/bracket and retighten all bolts. It is a very easy DIY repair.

#10 ·
Roger,
I just got a question from u? Is ur car automatic? If yes, I just want to ask you if you hear something(like a buzz sound) on the front right side of your car everytime you move ur car (like drive it). 'cause I ask the dealer and they said that's normal I just want to verify it from you.

Thanks,
Anthony
'94 Acura Legend GS (Gold)
'93 Acura Vigor GS (White)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.