Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Far as I can remember, the right rear upper control arm for the sedan is OEM part number 52390-SG0-043. Can't remember, but I think the right and left are the same. About $85 each at the dealer. No ...ends are not sold separately.

· Registered
1,040 Posts
I broke mine today.

Any other site I can get the upper Arm and busing or knocle what ever it is.

What should I buy?

Can I fix this? How hard to remove the knocle thing? (Its rusty)

bsubvrsv said:
52390-SG0-043 ARM, R. RR. (UPPER) 2 1989 Acura LEGEND 99.40 79.52

http://www.acuraparts247.com/prddis...EAR+KNUCKLE-BRAKE+DISK&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

I don't know if it's replaceable or not. I don't think so, from what I've been able to find. The ones on my 87 coupe need to be replaced. Let me know if you find out different.

· Registered
267 Posts
You need to buy the whole arm, which comes with the ball joint. $99 sounds to be pretty good price -- I bought mine from ahmotor.com for $140 each. The rear uppper arms of our cars are highly stressed, so I would buy geniune Honda if I were you.
Mine was rusted, too. After trying two hours with a drill and dremel, I gave up and brought it to my mechanic. The guy use a torch to to melt the metal stud and removed the old one.

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks I wil be going to the dealer Monday

masupra said:
You need to buy the whole arm, which comes with the ball joint. $99 sounds to be pretty good price -- I bought mine from ahmotor.com for $140 each. The rear uppper arms of our cars are highly stressed, so I would buy geniune Honda if I were you.
Mine was rusted, too. After trying two hours with a drill and dremel, I gave up and brought it to my mechanic. The guy use a torch to to melt the metal stud and removed the old one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.