Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you gotten a rear wheel alignment? If so did they try and sell you a camber kit? I need this done but thought I'd get some feedback.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
When you get an alignment, make sure you get a 4-wheel alignment. It will align all four wheels. They will not try to sell you a camber kit. Camber kits are aftermarket add ons that you will have to get on your own.

In addition to the alignment process, they should determine if you have bad camber and caster. Camber and Caster can both be fixed, but caster has additional costs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They won't sell you an alignment kit unless you specifically have them put one in. Even then I don't know if they'll be able to align the back. My rear is a little out and it's still stock height but they can't do anything about it becuase no one makes bigger cams for the rear. If you find someone that does please let me know.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
Fun92 said:
My rear is a little out and it's still stock height but they can't do anything about it becuase no one makes bigger cams for the rear. If you find someone that does please let me know.
Rear camber can be corrected by putting spacers/washers underneath the bolt where the upper control arm mounts to the rear cross beam. 2-3 washers ought to do it. I had negative rear camber after lowering my car and I just added these washers which brought back to within spec.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks, next time I'm at work and have the time I'll try it. Just out of curiosity how thick were the washers you used, and what was the total distance it took to space it out (all three combined).

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
They weren't terribly thick. I actually bought mine from Ingalls and they claim that each washer will correct for .25 degrees of negative camber. But any washers will do. Mine were probably about 1/16" thick.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I got my washers from Home Depot. I used washers that don't rust. When I had my near 2" drop, I corrected my rear with 2 washers on each bolt. Now that I raised my car up a bit, and have a .75" drop, I need to remove 1 wahser from each bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts