Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. When my first set of indiglos was installed the guy(my friend) pulled the Hot & Cold needle off to put that gauge on(I told him not to). The other 3 gauges he slipped on the correct way.

Ever since then, the Hot & Cold needle has been reading Hot at all times. I'm worried my car is going to overheat and I'm gonna have no idea that it is!!

My questions are:

1. Can it be recalibrated?
2. If so, how exactly and by whom?
3. If it can't be recalibrated, and I bought some used guages, would the miles on those gauges be able to be turned back or forward?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
DO this

pull the needle off, then start the car, wait til the car is warm to the normal temperature, then put the needle back on to the point where the normal temperature is.

I never tried it, since I didn't broke the temp gauge. But it might work, worth a shot.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody else know if it is actually possible to fix it? I kinda want to make sure before I do all that work...Thanks...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Actually, the first question should be; Should you kill your friend for doing the most idiotic thing after been told not to?:mad:

2. Yes, it can be recalibrated. You can try and find a speedo and recalibration shop in your area that deals with speedometers. The job, I heard, is like around $100 to do.

3. I don't really think you can turn back or forward the miles. Already tried that. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.:D

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Just be glad he didn't pull out your other needles---you'd really be screwed. Actually, I've been told there is a speedo recalibration place in ATL but I have no idea what the name is or where. I went through United Speedo in CA---call 800-877-4798 and ask for Vane or Rick. If you just want to get a used instrument cluster, call Troy Sellers Honda Parts in Cottondale, AL outside of Tuscaloosa @ 877-926-6789 and ask of Jeff, Theresa or Jamie. Probably be about $100. Good luck----

1 - 5 of 5 Posts