Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:mad: Well, I recieved my KA8 lights today with extremely fast shipping. The lights as advertised are described as "The lights are in Great Shape as seen in the pictures, No crack at all. it is in 100% working condition." Both corners of the lights are cracked( where the corner silver part is) and 2 tabs on one of the lights is broken. What the hell do I do? I purchased insurance and told him very nicely to make sure you pack them so they don't break. Here is the link to the auction as you can see the lights appear to be in good condition without any cracks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7935927927&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT
Here is what I wrote him when I first purchased the lights. http://webmail.salve.edu/horde/imp/message.php?index=10711
this is what he replied with http://webmail.salve.edu/horde/imp/message.php?index=10712
This is what i recieved http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...22b94b680e6308d/f5ff2f21.jpg&caption=DSCF0117
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...fbbc25419d0b044/f5ff2f1c.jpg&caption=DSCF0116
This is not acceptable, my USDMs are flawless why the f*&*K would I put in cracked lights. I have to write him now I figured I'd let you guys know first.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Stalker, I went though two sets of JDM headlights and these corners break easy. My last set was shipped with one cracked so I'm cutting my losses and just saying forget it. The guy i delt with didnt' even bother responding to me. UGH it pissed me off too. But both sets had a crack like that, but the lower mounting tabs ARE NOT Acceptable by any means... How the hell are you suppose to mount them? --=Keith

·
Registered
767 Posts
send them back bro.. he clearly states that you will recieve the exact same lights in the foto.. which they obviously arent.. the ones in the foto arent damaged like yours.. yeh send them back.. unless you can get a damage discount.. and get two new lenses and epoxy the tabs back to their original

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wrote him. The tabs don't bother me it's the fkcing broken corners. My car is almost flawless in and out I refuse to put something cracked on it. I really don't want my money back I just want a set in good condition :(

·
Registered
285 Posts
sorry to hear that. thats the same thing that happened to my jdm headlights too. i guessing the people in japan dont know how to take the headlights out the right way. it seems as if they didnt bother to take out the front bumper. i have notice alot of jdm headlights having the same cracks and broken tabs. i feel you bro. hope you can work something out with the guys that sold it to you.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
raky said:
stick with your usdm headlights. i personally am not a fan of my jdms and regret getting them. the light output is so crappy.
They're just as bright as stock IMHO, but then again i'm doing a projection retro any way, so i really don't care LOL --=Keith

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
KeithQNguyen said:
They're just as bright as stock IMHO, but then again i'm doing a projection retro any way, so i really don't care LOL --=Keith
Sorry about your headlights I almost put a bid in on that same exact deal thank God I didnt. I purchased some tho but from a different seller. I hope mine come in one pieces. Anyhow I too am doing a projection retro on KA7 lights and its the only reason I ordered the JDM lights. I didnt want to be without the Legend while hacking up my USDM lights during this project and a pair of USDM are about the same as the price of JDM's . So I figuired just buy the JDM's all AUDI HID equipment make the projection retro ,keep my USDM's and swap the entire headlight assemblys in one swift motion. That why my car wont be out of service too long.

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I talked to Keith over email this is what he said,
"Hi,
First of all, I am very sorry to hear this, I am sure they are damaged during shipping. How did the box look like when it came ?
The insurance is only covered if the mail get lost (I will still file a claim via the post office to see what they will do). The reason for that is it is involved two countrys post office, it is hard to judge which side take the fault.
In this point, I know it is not you or my fault either as I have packed it very well. I know you are very unlucky, but I don't want you to take all the loss of it. How about I refund you $150. If the post office ever refund me later on, I will share the refund with you.
let me know what you think
Once Again, I am very sorry to hear this, broken parts during shipping do happens sometimes.

keith"

This is might be reasonable but I really do not want to put these on my car. I'm anal as hell and don't want crackes lights. Am I crazy?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I'd say so :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
no one would probably notice.. but then you would know.. you may be able to fix them with the same epoxy they use for windows.. thats what i would try

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
morbo said:
I'd say so :)
Crazy or reasonable?

I don't know how I can stress this but my car looks like it just came off the show room floor, the interior and exterior are in mint condition and it runs mechanically perfect . I really don't want these or my money back, I want new ones that are not cracked . What should I write him back?
He also says it's not his fault but even though they appeared to be packed very well I think he may of packed them too tight and he didn't use popcorn like I asked him to.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Just to clerify, that's not ME!!! LOL It's a differnt Keith.. I was reading the post and I was like WHA?! LOL --=Keith

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
raky said:
stick with your usdm headlights. i personally am not a fan of my jdms and regret getting them. the light output is so crappy.
Then there is something wrong with your set.

Mine provides the same light output, better (more even) light spread and has a discernable beam pattern cutoff. This is even more noticeable since I went from HIDs in my USDM sedan lenses to HIDs in my JDM coupe lenses.

Plus, the JDMs I got (and most I have seen online) have clearer lenses with less pitting and haziness compared ot US.

They are the single best mod I've done to my car - big improvement in appearance and performance!!

EDIT: BTW I was lucky enough to find my set still attached to the severed nose of a JDM legend (looked like it was sliced off the car with a plasma cutter! so sad to see) that was sitting in a JDM wrecker/importer shop here in Toronto. I removed the lenses off the car myself and only paid $400 Canadian!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.