Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not take off ramps at speeds that you know is too fast.
Even if it's "only" 30-40 miles per hour, it's still too fast.

Today, it was raining.
I took it a bit faster than I should have.
Ended up facing the other way, fishtailed like a *****.

So just slow down out there guys.
Know what you can and cant do.

I've fishtailed like 2-3 times in the past month (I've controlled it up til now), and I think it was a message from the guy above. SLOW DOWN.

-Jose

(Buckle up too)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Recommendation to all:

acuralegend.com said:

:::THIS IS GOD SPEAKING JOSE:::

PURCHASE NEW TIRES AT ONCE!! I REPEAT, PURCHASE NEW TIRES! :eek:
Hi God!

What are some good tires under the "GS" rim spec?

The best value for the dollar.

??
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Don't nickle dime that Type II jose. Bridgestone Potenzas are supposed to be a good all weather tire.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Recommendation to all:

jose3030 said:

What are some good tires under the "GS" rim spec?

The best value for the dollar.

??
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Jose, contact Mike [MC], me and him had a convo awhile back about some Dunlops that he stated were pretty good that he had purchased off of tirerack.
I forgot what model they were though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
That is where I got my tires from - tirerack - they shipped from NJ and got to va in 2 days.

Yeah - I don't know what your skins look like(?) or what brand they are(?) but you might want to check into new ones no how.

KNLNUGS

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Nahhh I stilll think it's TOO much car for him !!!!

Esti

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't think it is just an issue of tires, I think the point Jose was trying to make is that when the ground is wet, especially when it has just started raining or simply misting lightly like it did recently the last few days, the ground is so slippery, no matter what kind of tires you have. The reason for this is that when it has just started raining, all the oil and crap on the ground is getting washed away and makes it especially more slick that usual or when it has been raining for a while.

Rain is the worst time to be doing any special maneuvers or speeding or anything like that, trust me, it is very hard to stop even if you are going slow, because if your try to brake too quick, your wheels will lock and you will go into an uncontrollable skid probably into other cars or into the rear of the person in front of you. I hate driving in the rain, because my accident happened as a result of the rain a few months ago, so I try to drive real carefully when the ground is wet...because no matter how you think about it, you will not have as much control as you would when the ground is dry.

just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NickD said:

As long as he doesn't handle his women like his car, I think he's ok ;)
Slippery when wet! :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
seriously, jose - check out the bridgestone potenza's:

the re730 if you only need rain traction
the re950 if you need rain and snow traction.

chrisk has used re730's on both of his coupes for quite a while, and i have had the re950's on my car for ~6 months...believe me - they are a dream! they may run a little more expensive than other tires, but they have awesome traction, and a 40k mile warranty to go with them. can't beat that (compare to kumho's, which cost ~$50 less per tire, but come with no tread warranty - i had some that wore out with normal driving in ~6 months).

wally

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Recommendation to all:

acuralegend.com said:

Jose, contact Mike [MC], me and him had a convo awhile back about some Dunlops that he stated were pretty good that he had purchased off of tirerack.
I forgot what model they were though.
I was very impressed with Dunlop SP 8000 for the money. I ended up selling them to Avarice. You can get the 225-50ZR-16 for around $90 - phenomenal dry tire and very good in the rain. However, I would not suggest using them in the snow.

The price has gone up due to its good reputation, it was a bargin 2 years ago, I only paid $75 each.

G

·
Yeah, here in Seattle we don't have as big of a problem with the whole oil thing because of it not raining for a while because it rains pretty much every other day here :p.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys.
I'm glad no one made fun of me. :)
It's stuff that happens to jose sometimes.
Funny stuff.
But I'm lucky to never get in deep doo doo.

·
Registered
507 Posts
trust, you can fishtail in a fwd car. I've done it in my dad's taurus. It was raining, I was going on the onramp, there were no cars around, and I was like, I wonder how fast I can go w/o losing traction, got up to 30, and fishtailed (I can do that in my legend now, and not even come close to losing traction). Its not a big detail as long as you have room, don't panic, and just ride it out. The thing with the on and off ramps, is a lot of time you aren't using the gas, so the drive wheels don't matter.

·
2,873 Posts
Get Dunlop SP Sport 8000s in 225/50/16. Awesome tires. Very good ride and great wet weather performance.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I can tell you right now. I know you can get them in the OEM 15, so I bet you can in the 16 inchers. But get some Michelien Pilot XGT V4. Those rock. They are in my garage right now. I am still getting some drivetrain problems straightened out. I will over strear and then understear up here right now. that is at 30 miles per hour. My tiers need to be replaced, but our roads are the old smooth rock mixed with asphault.
Later!
Lee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.