Acura Legend Forum banner

recommended offset for wheels on a legend

885 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ralinebe 
#1 ·
hey, I'm still looking for a legend, and I figured I would plan ahead what type of wheels to look for. :D I already know the lug pattern is 4x4.5, but what is a good offset for the wheels? Also, if I lower the car like 1.5" or so, what would rub and what wouldn't?

If all else fails, I'll be looking at those 17" CL Type-S wheels. :)

Thanks!

Chris

#2 ·
I seem to always be on teh conservative side when it comes to offsets, as I recomend no lower than 45 if you must, but a +48 or higher minimum in reality.

I personally have a 17X7 with a +46mm offset, and I'm lowered about 1" or so (similar to Eibachs) with a camber correction kit correcting camber back to zero on the drivers side and negetive 0.5 on the passanger side, and I occationally rub on the passanger front side and in the rear. I'm running 225/45/17 tires as well. The more negetive camber you keep, the lower the offset you can get by with. But, since I'm sometimes rubbing with a +46 on a 7" wide rim, I can only imagine how much negetive camber you will need. My friend had a +47mm and he barely got by. I personlly will get a +48 or higher if I get new rims. If you go with a 8" wide rim, no if ands or buts, you will need a +50 or higher.

CL-s rims are a 17X7 with a +55, so they will work really well.

G
#4 ·
Man I'm getting
18X7 rims
w/ a +40 Offset...
running on 215/40/18 Pirellies SS7000

Lowered on Koni's and H&R's....

Since the rim is only 7 inches wide and the tires are only 215's I should be ok... Now w/ 225 tires i'll definetly rub...

#5 ·
Thai.95LCoupe said:
Man I'm getting
18X7 rims
w/ a +40 Offset...
running on 215/40/18 Pirellies SS7000

Lowered on Koni's and H&R's....

Since the rim is only 7 inches wide and the tires are only 215's I should be ok... Now w/ 225 tires i'll definetly rub...
I would save up and get rims like that, but I'm a skinny white kid that listens to punk music... :) not exactly the type that could pull off big huge chrome rims. :D That's why I want to go with something discreet, like the CL-S wheels. they just look so clean and nice, and would totally flow with a legend I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.