Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I switch the alarm on, the lil' red light doesn't blink like it's supposed to. I don't want some fool to think that it's not protected and try to break inside :mad:. Before I start tearing the side panel apart, is there an easier solution? Could it b just a fuse? Is it a light bulb? It doesn't appear to b one.

On another light issue now that I remember lol, my 92LS back window un-fogger switch on my dashboard lights up only sometimes at night. Any solutions? Thanks alot legend community :D!.

Latin.....................

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
The little alarm red light is an LED, so either the LED is burt out, or the output circuit for the LED is not working. It is most likely a burnt out LED. Either way you are going to have to test it. Use a volt meter and turn on the alarm, or put it in valet mode. If you turn on the alarm and measure the voltage with a volt meter, it will read up to 11-12V then drop to near 0V then back up to 11-12 V and so forth. If you put it in valet mode it will read a constant 11-12V. If so , then you have a burnt out LED and you need a new one.

Now if you are tlaking about the OEM LED on the driver side door near the door lock cylinder, then the problem probably is the conctor wire in not connected properly.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the OEM led, my bad i shuld hav been more clear on my question. I'll take it apart and re-plug it. Hopefully that will work, Thanks:D.

Would u happen to know why my 92LS back window un-fogger switch on my dashboard lights up only sometimes at night? Is there some way of testing wot's wrong with it? Thanks again.

Latin......................

·
LegendaryRL
346 Posts
where?

where do we look for the connector wire? mine don't work either.:mad: just out of curiosity, the little round thing on the middle of the front panel, does that thing have anything to do with the alarm?:D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
heres a weird one, mines works on occasion:confused: meaning i see the led light up sometimes but mostly it won't light up......any Ideas?

·
LegendaryRL
346 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
You mean like a black buble near the windshield? if so, that is part of the Automatic Climate Control
thanks, that's what i get for being stupid:p :p i thought it was part of the alarm.:D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It's an infra-red camera that scans your face as you approach the Vehicle and if it doesn't recognize you and you try to open the door.. ZAAAP
hehe i wish :)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
how do u put it in valet mode????
You don't. The OEM alarm can't go into Valet mode. For that part I was talking as if he had an aftermarker alarm.

To answer the other question, the connector in behind the door pannel, so you need to remove the door pannel to see it.

On a side note, are you sure the OEM alarm is even arming? There is no other way visually to know of the OEM alarm is on other than by the LED. The only other way to test it is to try and set if off by yourself.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ChrisK said:

You don't. The OEM alarm can't go into Valet mode. For that part I was talking as if he had an aftermarker alarm.

To answer the other question, the connector in behind the door pannel, so you need to remove the door pannel to see it.

On a side note, are you sure the OEM alarm is even arming? There is no other way visually to know of the OEM alarm is on other than by the LED. The only other way to test it is to try and set if off by yourself.
Cris what about my problem, mines turnes on when it wants too, usually never but sometimes it does???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts