Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
LeoLegendATL said:
Can anyone give me some feedback about what they think of redline manual trans oil? Does it really make shifting smoother? My gearbox is very rough and it makes me cringe every time I shift gears.
Thanks!
I've had Redline MTL in my transmission for about 15K miles now. I haven't noticed any difference in "feel". However, this isn't to say that there isn't some benefit that can't be felt.

Changing to a different kind of oil won't help much if there's something mechanically wrong or worn out in the transmission.

·
Registered
744 Posts
LeoLegendATL

I would have to agree with paulo57509.

Have you tried double clutching?

Real question paulo57509, is would be is the cost justified over the OE stuff.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
KNLNGUS said:
LeoLegendATL

I would have to agree with paulo57509.

Have you tried double clutching?

Real question paulo57509, is would be is the cost justified over the OE stuff.

KNLNGUS
When regular 'ol dino oil is $1.50/qt vs. +$8.00/qt. for the synthetic, and considering someone not very sophisticated as myself, can't really tell any difference between the two, I don't think the cost is justified.

I still have a quart of the Redline stuff on the shelf...I'll probably just buy another quart and refill the transmission with it next time. Why waste it?:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like it. It has made a difference with my transmission. I think that especially the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shifts have been smoothed out some. It is about time I put more in though. I did it over a year ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts