Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a 1994 Legend GS sedan in black with the Type F interior and I want to reupholster the seats, what is the best way to go. I have seen kits on ebay for close to $700, are those of similar quality to OEM or is there a better and perhaps cheaper alternative?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I am referring to just the seats; everything else is fine and I like the Type F interior (maybe not as much as black, but that's what I have the coupe for).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the Katzkin website and apparently there are no kits or products available for the Legend, is this something you have to call them about?

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
Personally I'd go with the Katzkin leather. It's amazing how different your car can look with fresh leather!
I didn't do the Katzkin, but I did replace my front sets with Acura OEM leather (had a local upholstery shop cut and fit it), and you are rightl Absolutely amazing how it cleans up your interior! And if your insides smell funky (for whatever reason), it takes care of that problem, too.

(SR, I am right now recalling with a big grin your priceless comment to the guy you razzed about "getting knob" in his car, What a scream that was!).

·
Registered
896 Posts
I just ordered new leather today from a local katzkin dealer shop for my 1995. Using Katzkin leather that will look like original, the cost, including installation, two tone and tax was $1100. Two years ago I bought some Acura OEM leather and and had the rear seat and headrests redone for a total of about $500. As they say - knowing what I know now it is easier and cheaper to just replace the whole interior. If you are a do it yourself person then you can get the kit from katzkin's retail site for about $800.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.