Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Acura Legend L. The Acura Name on the Rear came off in the car wash. It seems that it was glued on. Whatever they originally used lasted for 13 years. What can I glue it back on with?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Honestly, you'd probably spend as much on glue as you would a replacement badge. Check with your local Acura dealer on the replacement; otherwise, I'd look at some good 3M double sided tape made for outdoor applications.

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
Its just automotive glue. If you talk to your mechanic, I'm sure he could help you out. You could aways remove the rest of the glue and buff the paint out too. Just warm it up with a hair dryer and it will come off. One of mine fell off and I polished the paint up but the other two are hanging on and they're all pitted. I'm getting around to replacing all of them with fresh emblems.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
That's weird, mine came off at the car wash 3 weeks ago. Mine is 17 years old and has the holes thru the trunk, so no debadging for me. I carefully used Heavy Duty Liquid Nails construction adhesive. Waterproof and super strong. I had it from a recent house project. I check it out after another car wash and it is stuck there good.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
The most correct procedure is to install a new emblem. If the old emblem has its backing intact then you may go to a local autobody supplier and buy a tube of clear emblem adhesive to remount. Be forwarned that it will bond the emblem into the paint and if you then decide to remove the emblems you will have to refinish the trunk lid. Using 3M double stick tape can be used, but as you have to use a couple of strips, over time dust/grit/dirt will enter and eventually cause the adhesive to fail. It is also a PITA to cut out the tape around the emblem letters with a razor blade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.