Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 3 years of sporting illegal tint in Michigan, my reign of terror has come to an end. Cop pulled me over for driver and passenger side tint. He gave me a fix it ticket. I have 10 days to do it. How do I remove the tint correctly without damaging anything.

Also is there a way I can get out of this one w/o removing my tint? When I go to court, how do they verify that I have removed the tint, do they come out and look at my car or they'll just take my word for it. How about a picture?
Anyone knows? Thanks

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
Finally after 3 years of sporting illegal tint in Michigan, my reign of terror has come to an end. Cop pulled me over for driver and passenger side tint. He gave me a fix it ticket. I have 10 days to do it. How do I remove the tint correctly without damaging anything.

Also is there a way I can get out of this one w/o removing my tint? When I go to court, how do they verify that I have removed the tint, do they come out and look at my car or they'll just take my word for it. How about a picture?
Anyone knows? Thanks
1. Take your girlfriends of wifes hair blow dryer and heat the window.

2. Take a razor blade and peel a small piece from the corner.

3. While the hair dryer is running slowly pull the tint off with the hair dryer blowing against the area that you are pulling. (you fingers will get hot. be careful)

4. After all the paper has been removed take a soapy wet rag and clean the window.

5. If there is glue on the window, take a razor blade and carefully scrape the window to remove the glue.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: Re: Remove tint

CakeDaddy said:

1. Take your girlfriends of wifes hair blow dryer and heat the window.

2. Take a razor blade and peel a small piece from the corner.

3. While the hair dryer is running slowly pull the tint off with the hair dryer blowing against the area that you are pulling. (you fingers will get hot. be careful)

4. After all the paper has been removed take a soapy wet rag and clean the window.

5. If there is glue on the window, take a razor blade and carefully scrape the window to remove the glue.
I also heard that ammonia helps to dissolve the glue, so try to clean it with Windex.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just obtain a receipt........

HEY IT HAPPEN TO ME BEFORE JUST GO TO ANY PLACE THAT SELLS TINT AND ASK THEM IF THEY COULD GIVE YOU A RECEIPT FOR REMOVING TINT AND GO TO COURT AND SHOW THE JUDGE THE RECEIPT AND YOU WILL BE DISMISS..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Plead not guilty. There is legal factory tint for the front. How did the cop distingush what degree of tint is legal or illegal? He can't that ticket will be thrown out because he will be unable to tell the court "What degree of tint that you had on at the time that he stopped you" Trust me on this one

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jewelerz said:
Plead not guilty. There is legal factory tint for the front. How did the cop distingush what degree of tint is legal or illegal? He can't that ticket will be thrown out because he will be unable to tell the court "What degree of tint that you had on at the time that he stopped you" Trust me on this one
uhh...I don't think there's any car that has front tint from the factory. And in Michigan, any front tint is illegal. I know a lot of people who got ticketed for tint. Another Legend owner got pulled over a week after buying his legend, he had to take it off.

·
Registered
699 Posts
if you really like your tint i would do what The Life recomended. i think with a fix it ticket the cops just expects you to remove the tint, and the only way to get a real ticket is if the sameofficer sees you more then 10 days later and youre tint is still on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do not try fooling the judge. they will send a bailif outside with you to check the car and verify that the tint was removed. I have friend in the sheriff Dept. i went to my friend's station and she went outside with me. she pretended she checked my car and signed off the ticket, then i went to court the next day and turned the paperwork in. i did not have to remove my tint. but, listen to me again, do not try to fool the judge, they will get you for that. do you know any law enforcement officers? they will do it for you.

·
Registered
699 Posts
if you live in a small little town with a small population with a little courthouse or something, and tint is big deal there and the judge is a complete loser, i seriously doubt he will send someone outide with you to check the car (you could just say you sold the car, or its in the shop ect ect..). ive never heard of anyting like that happeneing in all my years of working at a courthouse. more then likely he will just ask for a receipt or your word. but all places are different.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm....that receipt idea sounds like a good one. I don't know any one in a tint shop though. You think I can just call up any tint shop and have them make one for me? How about driving another white Legend without tint to the court and they can come out and look at that one. Unless they actually try to compare the Vin, I don't know. First I need to find out what the court expect me to do, then I'll let you guys know. Thanks for all the ideas, keep them comming.

·
Registered
214 Posts
YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE YOUR LEGEND TO COURT CAUSE ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN IN TEN DAYS. JUST GO TO THE TINT PLACE AND EXPLAIN THE SITUTATION. ASK THEM TO WRITE A FAKE RECEIPT THROW WHO EVER WROTE THE RECEIPT A FIVE OR TEN SPOT. ASK A BUDDY TAKE YOU TO COURT SHOW THE JUDGE. AND YOU (SCOTT FREE)........

"IF THE JUDGE ASK YOU WHERE THE CAR: HEY?? ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN IN TEN DAYS"
>>IT'S LIKE YOU LATE FOR WORK PULL THE BAG OF TRICKS<<

YA FEEL ME,
THE LIFE

·
Registered
142 Posts
I do not know where you guys live, but i live in the small town of LOS ANGELES. here, a fix ticket means that you have to show what you did to fix whatever they asked to fix to a law enforcement officer or a courthouse officer. i know every state and court house is different,but here in my small town you have to bring your car to either the courthouse or a police station. do not even bother with a receipt, that will not fly. the only time they do not come out to check your car is when the ticket has been signed off by either a court officer or a law enforcement officer. then, they will take the receipt. then, again, this is in the small town of Los Angeles.:)

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
i just got my car tinted. 28% in front and 18% for rear. of course not legal, BUT.... for the bling'n price of $260, i have lifetime warranty where i can get it replaced regardless of what happened. ALSO, i have this "insurance" thing where they would take off the tint and put it back on for me for FREE if i get a fix it ticket. i think that's pretty good.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
besides the insurance thing, how does the lifetime warranty help u if u get a ticket for tint?

im asking because i also have lifetime warranty on my tint, which is 5% in the back, 20% up front, and is top quality. i worry about getting a ticket tho, here in binghamton, a fellow forum member has recieved SEVERAL tickets for tint, lol.

how could you use the lifetime warranty to help you out if u got a ticket? hmmm...............

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
You guys are lucky you got lifetime warrenties on illegal tint. In my state, many tint shops offer lifetime warrenties, but only on legal tint. Most will do illegal tint and pretty much anything you want, but you get no warrenty and no reciept and pay in cash. The shops don't want to be held liable for anything just in case. Sometimes people here get their entire front windshield tinted (Looks super cool and mean) and the shops don't want to be held liable just incase the person gets into an accident and kills someone and ambitious prossecutors charge him with manslaugher (Which they have threatended to do). No reciept and all cash deal make the shop less likely to be legally held liable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
speaking of tints (opinion)

What do you guys think of that new tint thats like a faded black with a mirror tint on the bottom (I m sure you've seen it), I have a black coupe with regular black tints (35%) which is kind getting discolored, you think it would look too ricey?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.