Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help? Does the front bumper need to come of?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
60_cent said:
Can anyone help? Does the front bumper need to come of?
No no, you don't need to remove your bumper. Just loose the screw on top of the headlamp after you have opened your hood, and pull out the corner light. It might be possible, that your corner lamp is kinda too tight. The reason is the prong pin what is held in a plastic socket. That's all. But it's better to look on Koji's homepage. There you will find a lot of good pics and esp a Step by Step tutorial. -Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
legendtuner

this site is referred to several times daily in this forum, but the site never appears to work.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ballistic said:
take a look at my pictures: http://photobucket.com/albums/v324/ilikeballistic/corner removal/

the screw with the screwdriver on it... turn it and oyu can remove it.
Well the problem is I already tried that and cracked the light trying to pry it out. Now I have to replace it but still having a hard time with it. That's why I was wondering if there is more than just that one screw holding it in because it really feels like something else is holding it in.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
There's definitely just one screw up top securing it in place. What happens is that if the corner lamp hasn't been removed in a while or at all, it can get stuck pretty good making it very difficult to pull. You just need to be persistent but not too aggressive. Also, try prying it out from different points on the lamp. It'll give eventually.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
60_cent said:
That's why I was wondering if there is more than just that one screw holding it in because it really feels like something else is holding it in.
If you read my post then you could see that I said you somethings about the Prong Pin. That one what is part of the corner lamp and held in a plastic socket of our headlamp. Here a pic. -Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
ya dude, just keep givin her. I had the hardest time gettin my left corner out to put in my clear. I ended up having to use a flathead and a butter knife to pry from different angles. Dont be rough with it, just pry a little from everywhich way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info guys, I will try it again when I get a chance. ;)

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
91LSMAN said:
Yeah, I remember the first time I took mine out. It was a pain in the butt to remove. Just use some extra force. I've removed mine so many times now (OEM corners, APC clears, EDM corners) that if I don't have the screw in (2 on one side-LOL), they'll just fall out. LOL
Hahaha, yes I remember too, Patrick. It was a really PITA !!! -Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.