Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Its not really that hard, probably a couple hours and your done. The headlights are pretty easy, I think theres 3 or 4 bolts and thats it. Heres a diagram on how to remove the bumper on a 91-93 Legend

Hope this helps.

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have a Helms Manual

I have the Helms manual for a Coupe, just wanted someone who had done this to let me know of any problems I might run in to.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,472 Posts
You need to remove a total of 14 screws and bolts. You need to remove the phillips screws holding the foglight cover in place. One on each cover (total two). Then you remove the bumper turn signal by loosening the two phillips screws holding it it in. One for each light (two total, running total of 4). Then you remove the 4x 10mm bolts from the under side plastic shield. Two on each side (total 4, running total 8).

Then you unscrew the two plastic screws toward the center part of that plastic shield. Two total, running total 10). Now, you remove the 4x 12mm bolts holding the bumper in place. These are accessed through the hole left from the bumper turn signal. (4x total, running total=12) For the Coupe, there is only 2x 12mm bolts holding up the bumper, so the total would be =12 bolts.

About how long should it take?
The whole removing procedure takes approx. 1 hour, depending of, if you know, where to find the screws and bolts.

To remove your headlights, it´s no problem. You can see the 2 upper and the 2 lower screws. Like Darkstar said, no problem.

Mike / Cologne

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,472 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Removing Headlights??

Stratoknight said:
thank you Mike:bowdown:
maybe i can finish my angel eyes!
Stratoknight,
are you plan to finish Angel Eyes ? Take care about your headlamps. It´s a very hard work. Keep us guys inform, ja ? Tell us your experience about that and also... How long you need it! Because I´ll get very soon my US headlamps, I´m very interested about your reconstruction to "Angel Eyes"

Mike / Cologne

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Removing Headlights??

MikeD said:

Stratoknight,
are you plan to finish Angel Eyes ? Take care about your headlamps. It´s a very hard work. Keep us guys inform, ja ? Tell us your experience about that and also... How long you need it! Because I´ll get very soon my US headlamps, I´m very interested about your reconstruction to "Angel Eyes"

Mike / Cologne
yeah i will keep you updated

:giggle: last night i was starting to take off the bumper but didnt have time so iput everything back on to find out that my left bumper signal wasnt secure and a lady was like "interesting turn signal"

everytime i start i never have time......

G

·
JTJohnny102 said:
should only take an hour or two. i had to take my headlight and bumper off because it came loose somehow and so i just reattached it and it was pretty easy
i had like 30 minutes at the most:rolleyes:

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,472 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Removing Headlights??

Stratoknight said:
yeah i will keep you updated

:giggle: last night i was starting to take off the bumper but didnt have time so iput everything back on to find out that my left bumper signal wasnt secure and a lady was like "interesting turn signal"
everytime i start i never have time......
Really strong ! Last night... ... a lady was like "interesting turn signal" Na, na, na, ts ts ts. Flirting and working together ? Super!!

Like you write: "Every time I start, I never have time"

Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
42 Posts
My bumper was ripped off a few months ago and I'm trying to re-mount it. Since downloading the manual, I understand how to do it, and last night I got under the bumper and was unpleasantly surprised to find not only that there are no screws holding the bumper turn signal lights in but they wouldn't budge either. Where are the screws supposed to be?:confused:

·
Registered
814 Posts
stsupple; The online service manual (Helms) shows the approach.
1. remove the fog cover (lower bumper.) 2. with a 6-8" screw driver
engage the retaining screw on the midline side of the "bumper light"/
turn signal; loosen without removing. Once the screw is loosened, the
bumper lamp/turn signal can be rotated out from the midline side toward the
adjacent fender. First time is a mystery. I will post a link; good luck.

Acura Legend Online Service Manual (Page: 0821)

·
KA8 Legend Killer
452 Posts
I can get my driver side headlight out but I can't get my passenger side one out. it's rather frustrating

·
Registered
42 Posts
stsupple; The online service manual (Helms) shows the approach.
1. remove the fog cover (lower bumper.) 2. with a 6-8" screw driver
engage the retaining screw on the midline side of the "bumper light"/
turn signal; loosen without removing. Once the screw is loosened, the
bumper lamp/turn signal can be rotated out from the midline side toward the
adjacent fender. First time is a mystery. I will post a link; good luck.

Acura Legend Online Service Manual (Page: 0821)
Thanks, ironically that's the very page I was using, lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts