Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 4 people for the legend-specific Remus group buy. We need one more. At $460 + shipping, I don't think you'll find it anywhere else cheaper. Once we have 5, we are putting the order in as they are available NOW, so we won't have to wait 2-4 weeks like a few other suppliers have said.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The place I'm going throught is P.E. Motoring in Bakersfield, CA (where I live). The price of $460 does NOT include shipping as that price will vary depending on where you live. I haven't established how the payment will work yet, but I know they'll take Visa/MC/Discover. I don't think they're set up w/Paypal, but I am so if that's your only option, you could route the payment to me and I'll take a check over to them. Let me know if you're in... :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
If your sure they take Visa count me in. I will PM my email address to ya.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think CEC Wheels lists the Remus @ $625.00, but I know other places sell it for between $500-600 (kctrends.com, legendtuner.com, etc). $460 is the cheapest I've seen.

Legend C, I'll double-check on the credit card thing, but I've bought other things from them before and used a credit card.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
hey

i would be interested, but ....

in order for it to be a full catback, do i need to.. just get a pipe from the cat to the muffler, in 2 1/4th?

-Jose

·
Registered
580 Posts
I would be interested in this for a 1994 GS Sedan

I already have one on my 95 LS Coupe and I love it

I can post pics of mine here Saturday afternoon if anyone is interested as to how they will look on your Coupe

Regards, James

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: hey

jose3030 said:
i would be interested, but ....

in order for it to be a full catback, do i need to.. just get a pipe from the cat to the muffler, in 2 1/4th?

-Jose
Yes, you would simply need to go to a mufler shop that does custo mandrel bending, and have the pipe from the cat to the rear section made. The stock diamter is 2 1/4, so you can use either that diameter, or move up to 2 1/2 like what the GReddy is. I wouldn't go any larger then that though.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Triton3K

Triton3K

I would have to say for me, mid to high end
maybe lost just a tad on the low end due to it being
moreso of a free flow exhaust.

As for the Sound, You cannot beat it if your looking for a stealty OEM sound that will growel when you get on it.

Cant beat the looks if your after a dual exhaust tail pipe muffler

If your going for the fast and furious mode, I suggest Stromung or Greddy and yes they are louder than Remus which is more refined.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, it looks like we have plenty of people interested to get the discount. I'll get w/PE Motoring either tomorrow (if the guy works tomorrow) or Monday about payment/shipping details. In the meantime, those that are interested, can you please email me your city and zip code so I can start figuring shipping costs. I'm assuming most would want it shipped UPS Ground which I believe is the cheapest.

Jose, I'm also looking to make it a cat-back. Can't wait!!!

James, if you can post some pics, that would be cool to let people know exactly what we're buying. Thanks!

Shad
[email protected]

·
Registered
614 Posts
damn... didnt know these costed so much.. got mine for $430 way back in the dayz and was *****in bout it cuz i thought they were trying to rip me off.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: Re: hey

ChrisK said:

Yes, you would simply need to go to a mufler shop that does custo mandrel bending, and have the pipe from the cat to the rear section made.
Where can u find a shop that does custom mandrel bending.. doesnt that require a big expensive machine that many (all) muffler shops do not have...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Blo, Pardon me, I was referring to the Stromung Cat back that I had on a G1 and it sounded good, but it was louder the the G2 Remus Muffler only system. Also the Stromung DROWNED while driving at steady speed in the Cabin which to my ears was not to my liking. Later go rid of the "B" pipe from the Cat and it mellowed out the drowning in the car.

That is the only feedback I wanted to bring to the Table for others

Respectfully, James S.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Its cool bro. Mine doesnt drone. I had a RM exhaust before and THAT DRONED BIG TIME. The stromung is wuiet at any level above 3000 rpms

·
Registered
92 Posts
Remus on a Coupe

On a 94 Coupe, the Remus as others have stated is near stock quiet at idle and cruising speed. Once you "hit it" though it emits a nice low rumble. It's worth it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts