Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone replace the "O" shaped flange gasket when installling the remus exhaust?

Koji sites dosen't make any mention of a gasket, did you guys just bolt it on?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave C ver2.0 said:
The service manual calls for replacing the gaskey and the nuts as my memory serves me.
Thanks Dave, the shop pointed out it did need a flange gasket. No one every mentioned it but I guess the shop normally puts one on. We had to remount the hangers to make the tailpipes even, the fit was not "prefect" at first. Takes alittle adjusting to make the pipes even.

I also had them remove the heat shield. Very easy when the muffler was detached.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mike, what is the purpose of removing the heat shield? To give more clearance to the exhaust or to eliminate any possible rattling noise?

-Dave

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Exactly what is this gaskey and do I need to buy it when I get my Remus installed or does it come with the Remus already?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dmenn said:
Mike, what is the purpose of removing the heat shield? To give more clearance to the exhaust or to eliminate any possible rattling noise?

-Dave
My heat shield would rattle as the car was warming up, it would go away after the car was warmed up. So I decided to remove it while we were down there. Its a lot easier to remove once the muffler is detached.

If your in an area with lots of dry leaves, I would keep it on.

Dee, the flange gasket is not included nor have I ever seen it mentioned here. You can pick it up at pep-boys or autozone for $3 - its made by fel-pro.

FYI - Go to a good patient exhaust shop, the Remus bolts right on but was such a pain to align the tailail pipes. They had to modify the flange to make the pipes sit even.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts