Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my remus exhaust for my 91 sedan and it smells really bad when it is running and smokes alot is this a common thing?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
What the exhaust new??? A muffler doesn't do anything other than lower the noise produced by the combustion of the engine. If your exhaust smells bad and you have a significant amount of smoke coming out the end, you might want to check to see if your car is burning oil or coolant.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
It's been a while, so I can't quite remember, but it might be smoking and smelling from the burning of the oil that is used to preserve the muffler in storage. If this is so, it should go away soon enough.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the help,
I think that the smell is going away now because i can hardly smell it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
acuraboy said:
I just installed my remus exhaust for my 91 sedan and it smells really bad when it is running and smokes alot is this a common thing?

Thanks
mine did the same thing for a lil bit.......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it get louder after a few days because i think that mine sounds louder the 2ed day, just wondering?

thanks

G

·
I was with one of my friends right after he got a new exhaust put on his car and it smelled kinda funky too. I don't remember any extra smoke though or anything like that. I can't wait to put my new Greddy on soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts