Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 1991 Legend L. The keyless remote worked BEFORE I replaced the Legend's battery. The keyless remote has a fresh battery and does seem to operate as I can see the LED flashing. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
RiceKing said:
My car is a 1991 Legend L. The keyless remote worked BEFORE I replaced the Legend's battery. The keyless remote has a fresh battery and does seem to operate as I can see the LED flashing. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!
Reprogramming :confused:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Something does not sound right. I had OEM Keyless on each of my 3 Legends & never had a problem when the car battery was changed. Was anything else done to the car???

I had my first Legend '92 for 10 years (maybe 3 battery changes) and never had a problem caused by a battery change. Also the battery was disconnected millions of times.

However over time the Xmitters do burn out - first the range gets less & less then they stop working - but the red light keeps working. I had to buy new transmitters.

They are made by Kenwood and unfortunately you get them from your dealer.

You need to bring in the code off your receiver located under your dash - below the steering wheel. (Knee Boster)

Get the code and go the dealer - bring in your old xmitter but I don't think he can do anything with it. Unfortunately they are not learning remotes.
You will need the receiver code for the new Xmitter. I paid $50 each time. Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Double Legend. I have two xmitters and neither one works. A trip to the dealer is something I wanted to avoid but nows seems inevitable. I bought the car from a friend who never had this issue occur during the 5 years he owned it either. We are both at a loss as to why it happened to me when it did.

·
Registered
216 Posts
RiceKing said:
Thanks Double Legend. I have two xmitters and neither one works. A trip to the dealer is something I wanted to avoid but nows seems inevitable. I bought the car from a friend who never had this issue occur during the 5 years he owned it either. We are both at a loss as to why it happened to me when it did.
Did both xmitters work for you prior to the battery change????
(For you -- not your friend!!)

If both xmitters went out at exact same time - then I would not think it is a xmitter problem - the likelyhood of both failing at the same time is almost nil.

Could the receiver possibly have gotten disconnected - did anyone go under the dash???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you work on the car or was it someone else???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.