Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a used 99 RL and we only received one master key. We didn't get the learning key or anything else and we need to get another key made. I talked to the dealer and I was told there is no way to get another key made without the learning key without replacing the key security system. Does anyone know different?

We actually have the gray valet key not the master. Is there a way to get a master key made without the key number plate?

·
Banned
3,429 Posts
I just bought a used 99 RL and we only received one master key. We didn't get the learning key or anything else and we need to get another key made. I talked to the dealer and I was told there is no way to get another key made without the learning key without replacing the key security system. Does anyone know different?

We actually have the gray valet key not the master. Is there a way to get a master key made without the key number plate?
I don't even think there is a "learning key" for the car. Hell you can get the key cut at wal-mart and program it yourself I believe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When new Acura's come with a red "learning key" and "key number plate." It is used by the dealer to code replacement keys tho the car's Immobiizer System. However, this key should "never" be used in the car's ignition switch because it may cause the system to malfunction making the master and valet keys unusable.
Reference: 2000RL Owner's Manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.