Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took out the lower panel (under the steering wheel) but I cannot seem to get the instrument panel out. Is there a picture that tells where the screws are, the only ones I see are on either side of the bezel but it seems that you would need some kind of 180 degree screw driver to get to the ones above the ignition switch (seems I would need to take off the ignition switch to get the them). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Who is THE MASTER?!
1,349 Posts
try the diy section... i know someone made a very detailed post with pics on how to take out the cluster to replace the bulbs with leds

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I correct in assuming that the screws I am looking for are the ones angle upwards and lead into the "black" plastic, because I see a bracket that the screw I just mentioned and another screw that runs into some tan plastic (type F color) but I do not want to remove any screws that I do not have to because they are a PITA to get out (its like they were on with loctite or something, almost stripped the darn things trying to get the two I did manage to get out, out of there).

I did a search and looked in the thread with about the DIY LED replacement but it seems that nobody has had any trouble getting this one screw out other than me. Any help or recommendations on special tools to use would be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
239 Posts
two screws under the dash, and pop out the trim, it pops straight out then there are 4 screws that hold the cluster in then u have to drop the steering wheel , 2 bolts then unhook the harnesses and lable them pull the top of the cluster down to you and take out

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, this was easy, it turns out I was looking at the wrong screws! Got everything in and it looks OEM now! Btw, just an FYI if you need to replace your 194's in your dash with new OEM ones you MUST either keep the blue covers that are on the lights or buy them from Honda because the standard Sylvania white 194's look yellow inside the cluster and the blue ones that places like Checker or Autozone sells are too blue (much more blue then OEM). Again thanks everybody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts