Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My temperature control knob on my GS sedan is only illuminated on the right side (the hot side). The cold side is completely off; I am not sure how many bulbs/LED's there are in there but I was wondering if anyone did and if they could tell me what kind they are and how to get the climate control unit out without destroying my dash (i.e cracks in any of the plastic; seem's I am always breaking clips doing this kind of work).

Also, my dimmer knob indicator does not light up on the instrument cluster trim piece (not the cluster but just to the side of it). There are a few other places where I am having the same problem (like the TCS button NOT the indicator in the gauge cluster), I am wondering how I can change these bulbs or solder in some new LED's (then again, what type of LED's) to get these pieces illuminated. Thanks in advance.

Btw, would it just be easier, in case of the TCS button and dimmer control to just buy one with working lights (less hassle), obviously the climate control unit would be too expensive, just a thought.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Done and quite easily too, just took out the radio, then the climate control unit/vent/clock assembly, then, disassembled the climate control unit, popped the face off and replaced the bulbs with those really small T4 "neo-wedge" bulbs, looks nice now. Now if I could only find out what illuminates the little "green" and "orange' slits on top my cruise control/TCS/Rear Defroster button.

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
9,934 Posts
I just pulled my dash apart and got the bulbs for a manual control, I just bought the bulbs from superbrightled.com

For the manual climate control you need:
2 TA4 wedge bulbs
2 B8.5D twist locks

for the Auto Climate (bling and I are working on it)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I just pulled my dash apart and got the bulbs for a manual control, I just bought the bulbs from superbrightled.com

For the manual climate control you need:
2 TA4 wedge bulbs
2 B8.5D twist locks

for the Auto Climate (bling and I are working on it)
keep me updated about the auto climate......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts