Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
In the exhaust manifolds. Look for the wire attached to the side cover and follow it down. Cut the wire and remove them with a deep 22mm socket then install the new ones with an o2 sensor socket.

·
Registered
400 Posts
get o2 sensors that have the plugs already in them, if u get the other ones u have to splice the new wire with the old, its a pain in the ass considering theres no room to work with. if u go to auto zone they rent o2 sensor sockets for free. its a deal considering youll probably have to do this once in your cars lifetime, i think its good to have urself but a waste if u can rent it for free. the sensors are tough to loosen, what i did....because my finger was broken so i really only used one hand... was set the wrench on the socket and the wrench handle parallel to the ground. i took a 2x4 and slammed that down on the wrench handle to loosen the sensor then did the rest by hand. make sure u loosen in the right direction, goodluck

·
Registered
863 Posts
I actually had a question too. I had to buy the socket (it was like 25 bucks! I used it once on the front sensor) and now my back one is bad. But we cant get it out. It is in there sooo tight! I couldnt turn it, my friend couldnt, out of the 6 guys that were hangin out with us, none of us could get it loose, we even used a hollow metal bar as a cheater and still couldnt get it out, the front one came right out. any ideas of what i should do? Im thinkin i will just have to goto the dealer. I really really dont want to strip out the socket, that would cost lots o money. any suggestions would help! thanks!!!

-bryan

·
Registered
293 Posts
I broke mine loose with a 8 ft hollow pole that I slipped over my rachet. It provided the leverage I needed (this was for the front sensor where I could get the pole outside of the hood - not sure about manuvering it against the firewall). If you are concerned about it, then definitely go to a mechanic - you don't want to round off the sensor.

·
Registered
863 Posts
good idea rick. i think im gonna run down to the dealer now and ask my buddy how much he'll charge me!

thanks
-bryan

·
Registered
689 Posts
I understand replacing O2 sensors is important after X amount of miles, but WHY? Is there any way to tell if they need replacing?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hey LegendHI ,

im no expert on tha boards or n-e-thing, but... with my Legn, it runs really rich w/ the O2 sensor being bad. I had to replace the front one a couple months ago (the check engine light came on, so i checked the ECU, and it read a code 1 which means front O2 sensor) . Now, my rear sensor is out... Its nothing critical i dont think (could be wrong) but it is harder on your car, u get less power and worse gas mileage I know that much! my car is lately starting to stutter when i take off. No good! lemme know if u have any other questions, or ask any of these guys on here.

take care
-bryan

·
Registered
104 Posts
GOt a question. I replaced my front o2 sensor with a universal with out the connector. If I buy another sensor with the connector will it work or do I use the universal one forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts