Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the starter themselves? I need to get this car running, and don't have the cash to have it towed and fixed.
I've gotten the top bolt removed, but I'm having trouble locating and removing the bottom bolt. Are there more than two bolts? Will I need to shim the starter as not to eat up the flywheel? Any tips or pointers would be great

·
Registered
114 Posts
you know i just took an engine out of my sterling(acura legend engine) ,give me your email address and I will take a picture of the starter hole and also each bolt its a lot easier when you have the whole engine out I will try to take few pictures,I will check on this forum tomorrow ,the reason why i m asking for an email ad is because I could post photos may be i dont know how

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are two bolts, the bottom one is 180 from the top bolt. I remember using two extensions, one to loosen and a shorter one to remove.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I M really sorry I forgot but i will check my email tomorrow thursday and i will email the picutres,again i really forgot until i checked the forum

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no need. got the starter out this morning. New one comes in tommorow, hopefully this car will be running after 2 months of sitting in my driveway (and I won't have to keep driving the ol' lady's Sunbird).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts