Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so here's the situation.

Back when my dad was driving the legend, he took it to a family friend mechanic who did an oil change. When the mechanic dude was screwing in (or out) the filter, he misthreaded, and ever since, there's been a small drip leak that i always have to cover with silicone to seal. Also, there's something wrong with the washer that i'm not too clear about, but we can't replace the washer with the oil changes.

NOW, what do you call the part that houses the oil filter and the washer? Oil underpan? undertray? Also, is this a part that I can easily obtain from a junkyard and replace?

thnx for your help fellas...

·
Registered
744 Posts
The part that you are talking about, commonly referenced as the oil filter housing, is actually a part of the oilpan. Now to replace the oilpan on your 94 sedan - DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM son, we are talking big time labor involved here. The differential has to be removed to replace the oil pan.

Easily bought from a junkyard, perhaps, easy to replace - definitely not.

KNLNGUS

"Also, there's something wrong with the washer that i'm not too clear about, but we can't replace the washer with the oil changes."

I'm a bit confused as the washer - which costs all of 10 cents is very small, is definitely disposable, and only exists between the drain bolt and the oil pan. The larger Metalic circle that the oil filter seal makes contact with when screwed on is a part of the oil pan / oil filter housing and is not removeable.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
YOu can call HAP recycling in California and they might be able to help you out!

(800) 999-9499

I recently bought an air intake tube from them. They'll ship it anywhere in US.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
haha i had to or almost had to get a new oil pan in my old 94 sedan $1200!!! it sucks but then they just totaled the car so i got a new one :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts