Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a few days ago with no response. I have to believe somebody here knows how to remove a CD changer! I need to replace my antenna, which requires the removal of the trunk panel. I have no problem with those two things, but the CD changer is making it hard to remove the trunk panel. Can somebody PALEEZ tell me how this is done before I break something!
TIA,
Jim

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Well.....

If it's the OEM changer, it has 2 L-shaped mounting brackets, one on the end and one on the side. Each bracket has 2 phillips screws that can be removed from the changer case. If those screws are removed, the changer will basically fall out. However, if it's an aftermarket changer, that's something else altogether.

Can you post some pics or give us more info?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yeah but you have to remove the trunk lining as well

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
You actually don't have to take the trunk lining all of the way out. The easiest way is to open the spare tire cover, grab the lining back by the taillight and pull it towards the middle of the trunk so that the trim ring slips up and over the changer. At that point, you should have enough room to get to the screws to remove the changer.

At least that's what I did when I removed my changer and SmarTenna this past weekend.:p

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have any pics, but it is a factory changer. My understanding from what you've said is that I need to first remove the spare tire cover, then the side panel will come up over the cd changer?
Thanks,
Jim

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Yeah, just open the spare tire cover so that the edge of the lining is free and then just work it so the trim ring comes up and over the changer. You should be home free then---:D

·
Banned
618 Posts
Thank You steve

Excellent Job,

I'm on it right now i'll be back in like 10 minutes MUAHAHAH!!!!

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
stevieray said:
If it's the OEM changer, it has 2 L-shaped mounting brackets, one on the end and one on the side. Each bracket has 2 phillips screws that can be removed from the changer case. If those screws are removed, the changer will basically fall out. However, if it's an aftermarket changer, that's something else altogether.

Can you post some pics or give us more info?
Exactly, Steve. Here some pics for Jim... CD Changer CJ / CD Changer

Jim, here you can see (like Steve said in all details like always :bowdown:) that the OEM factory CD changer has different brackets. Please don't ask me WHY, I have really no clue. At the 1st pic you can see where the brackets are... Front & Rear End. The other one has the bracket on both sides.

In case you're going to replace your antenna: You really don't need to remove the whole carpet (like Steve said it again !). Here a pic where you can see how to remove the Carpet. The carpet are helded with colored clip fastener and very easy to remove. Trunk Carpet

I'd love to send you some pics of my inside trunk, but our mounting holes & cables are different than yours. Good luck my friend. -Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.