Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo! I have asked about doing this in the past and have got responses but I figure "what the heck it wouldn't hurt to ask again!!!" So anyways I am taking suggestions through experience only or knowledge. I am going to wetsand my headlights,(Not sure what kind of paper) use rubbing compound (not sure either) and Mother's plastic polish to take out the small impurities in my headlights to get them ready for my clear corners(Yahhh!!) I haven't put the corners on yet(on the side of my bed in a Safeway grocery bag). I am going to get the headlights shining good to match the corners so I could pimp up all of Colorado with finese!! Holla back with advice and suggestions on my "soon to be" project!

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
1. go to the auto parts store and buy wet/dry sand paper probably about 1500 grit or maybe even 1000 grit if they're badly tarnished.

2. go get a hose and go get a chair to sit on (it's gonna take a little bit of time)

3. with sand paper in hand start running the water over the face of the headlight, once it's completely wet and while it's still under the water start rubbing the sandpaper from side to side over the face of the headlight. not too lightly, not to heavy. just even strokes over and over and over and over, for about 5-7 minutes per headlight.

4. dry the headlights and see the difference already.

5. take the rubbing compound and a wax applicator and rub the compound hard over the face of the headlight. Let it dry, and remove with a clean dry towel. (if the compound gets too hard to take off, use Tire Wet or a type of non-corrosive silicone to get the rest off.

6. Take the Mother's polish and rub away until that polish is gone.

7. Look at your sparkly new headlights and thank luvmylegend for all the help!:D

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

More in depth than I have gotten in the past. Sound good You even have the times for each headlight...Damn!!!!! Anyways You got me all excited to do this I'm going to do it when I get out school...(Hopefully my dad will loan my some money for it!)
Thanks!

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks I feel real good about doing them at today

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Believe it or not I used tooth paste w/the whitening action. LOL.
my light were no in bad condition, but I noticed after I finished buffing it off it did shine like new. It was hell taking that tooth paste off. I let it dry for 5 minutes and damn was it work getting it off. It was worth it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts