Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 Legend that just ran out of cold air. I am planning on attempting to charge and retrofit my ac to R-134a using a simple kit I purchased onlline, but I don't have any service manuals to locate the old AC service ports (low side & high side) under the hood (frankly, don't even know what they look like).
Has anyone completed their own ac recharge or conversion?
I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with the procedure and location of these needed service ports (a photo showing the locations will help greatly).

It's getting just too hot these days and I'm about to roast in my car ---Help!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I changed mine about a month ago with the $35 kit from AutoZone, been cool ever since. :D The valve you put the oil and 134 in is the valve to the left of the radiator (which is the low valve), not the valve in front of the radiator (which is the high valve) that is behind the bumper. Rule of thumb, USUALLY the valve that has the wider tube running from it is USUALLY the low valve. I have a 1991 Sedan, too. Good Luck!! ;)

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Now you probably lost cold air because you lost your refrigerant. That means there is a LEAK in the system somewhere that needs to be repaired. Suggest you get that fixed first. Otherwise you're just pissing money into the air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.