Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Type-2 motor have a rev limiter? specifically with the 6speed. I was just driving down my street and popped it up into the redline in 1st by maybe 200 rpm. I've never heard mention of a rev limiter on legends, so I must ask.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yes, they do. At least my type 1 motor does. It's a few hundred rpm past where it shows on the guage but it's definately there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
koper187

Trust me, one exists - I do know there are two kinds of rev-limiters out there. One retards the ignition and the other retards the fuel map, though I do not know which one exists in our type IIs. Whenever I have the music up and am goosing her through the gears and accidentally hit well into redline, she bogs down in spurts. Back in 97 when I first hit redline - I seriously thought I did terrible damage to her engine - but thats not the case - the rev limiters are there to protect the engine from your input.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I always had fun bouncing off the rev limiter in my of 'Teg. 'Course hitting the fuel shutoff wasn't soo much fun ;)

Good to know there's a little protection there in case I push it too hard or forget that I don't have VTEC anymore!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts