Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a 92 LS coupe and drove it back from Portland no worries, but this morning when I went to go start it I noticed about 5 minutes after starting it, while idling it revved to about 1500 and then dropped back to 1000 and then kept going up and back down, it stopped for a few minutes then started up again, am I looking at a sensor issue or an air leak somewhere? Also should I be driving it with this issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently picked up a 92 LS coupe and drove it back from Portland no worries, but this morning when I went to go start it I noticed about 5 minutes after starting it, while idling it revved to about 1500 and then dropped back to 1000 and then kept going up and back down, it stopped for a few minutes then started up again, am I looking at a sensor issue or an air leak somewhere? Also should I be driving it with this issue? Thanks in advance.
I've owned a '92 Coupe LS since 1993, and have had that "alternating surge and deceleration" of the RPMs while idling as well. It typically goes away after the engine warms up, but not always. As far as I know, it doesn't cause engine damage -- since my engine is still going strong 105,000 miles and 28 years later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts