Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been thinking about this for some time, and now that my Eclipse just got totaled, I have the money to do it. My question is, will it be easier to buy all the oem jdm paqrts, or to cut the column where it is and fabricate an underdash gearbox mechanism to transfer the column spinning from one side to the other? This way could just cut the column at the knuckle and attach equal ratio gears on both shafts, run a horizontal bar on ball bearings to tranfer the motion. In theory, all it would require would be to lengthen all the gauge crap, lenghten the pedal assembly crap, and fabricate mounts for the column on the other side. after that the dash would need some fiberglass work and some upholstry. other than that iot seems like childs play.
now I know it's going to be insanely hard no matter what I do, but which of the two will be easier? Just trying to locate a list of what woulf be needed (oem jdm)/where to get it???

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
contact companies that import front clips of cars

the way ur thinking of doing, it defently not safe at all and i would recommend you not attempting this yourself, and I dont think any shop will do it for you, liability, unless you are a certified auto mech only safe way is to do a whole front end conversion entire front clip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.