Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forums, obviously :p , and i need some help! I am looking at a 91 legend sedan with 110k miles. THe car is in desperate need of a paint job and has seat covers due to crap front seats!! (torn) The car needs to have the a/c recharged, heater barely works, and from reading the newbie forum (which was very well put together, props) i think the VSS needs to be replaced as well. Also, the owner told me that the car makes a clicking type sound when you steer left?? No clue what that is supposed to mean... He says he recently changed the tranny, and the car runs very strong... He is looking for $2 grand, which i think is wayyy too much for the condition the car is in right now... What do you guys think? Too much? or am i being too cheap?? heh. any input would be highly appreciated. im a n00b :D
thanks
oh, btw my name is Peter :giggle:

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Get on eBay, you can look for 1991s there and see what they were selling for...use the "completed items" option as well for a three month history. And check KBB.com and Edmunds.com as well.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it at all. IF he has alllllllll the maintenance records, I'd consider $1200-$1500, but from the sounds of things, he hasn't taken care of it at all...If you don't take care of the obvious things, what did you take care of?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already done extensive research on this and an average LS 4dr 1991 should go for around 2-4 grand. If i bought the car for 2 grand, i'd have to probably put another 2 or so into it to make it look adequate... for 5 grand, i could just pick up a better one that was maintained better. Should i be looking to get it around a grand? if at all??

· Stop eyeballin' me, dawg!
1,209 Posts
I dunno if this will help you or not, but it might give a little price perspective for your search. I just picked up my 94 GS sedan for 5 grand, collector owned and driven(daily driver), 130,000 miles, mint cond. leather, great paint small surface rust spot on driver side rear fender, with BRAND new (seriously, zero miles) clutch and brake job. I think the 2 grand sounds high...

· Registered
2,535 Posts
replaced transmission is always good. Mileage is good. Just get a compression test done. 2k would seem fair for a functional legend that'll go another 150k miles with your standard maintainence. Your looking at another 1k for maintaince right off the bat. And 4k for a decent paint job.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, for $4k i could pick up a mint condition one with 140K miles... i really dont feel like buying a car that i would have to fix up just to get on par with another car i could have bought for the same price... if that makes sense..

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW...... so much for that car, it seriously needs a lot of work done to it...*sigh* he is firm on the price too..... cars been for sale locally for the past 2months........ anyways, i guess i should start looking for a different legend.

oh, btw, how much is insurance for you guys?? i need a rough estimate... im hearing they are a bit pricier.
thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.